Device bricked after using Dynamic System Update

Xuri Ajiva

Members
Dec 4, 2023
Hey,
I saw the Dynamic System Updates option in Developer Options and wanted to try it out. I chose one of the 4 options and accepted the Android 14 terms of use, after a while I was notified that I had to restart the device to use the GSI. I did that, but I was greeted with a “The system has been destroyed” screen. The device is not unlocked and not rooted.
What can I do now? I tried to unlock the device officially, but it doesn't work if no account is linked, and fastboot is of no use if the bootloader is locked.
I'm very confused that there wasn't one of those screens where you have to wait 10 seconds if there is an option for the device to be bricked.
Does anyone have an idea what I should do/try next?

If it's not unlocked, you should be able to re-install the latest official rom with MiFlash. Have you tried that?

I downloaded MiFlash from xiaomiflashtool.com and the rom from xiaomistockrom.com named Xiaomi_11_Lite_5G_NE_V12.5.1.0.RKOEUXM_20210901.0000.00_EEA_11_XFT, and selected the Firmware folder in mi flash, i authenticated in the tool, my device showed up in the list and i pressed flash, i tryed all modes: clean all, save user data, and clean all and lock, but all yield the same error: FAILED (remote: 'Erase is not allowed in Lock State'), what am i doing wrong?

I downloaded MiFlash from xiaomiflashtool.com and the rom from xiaomistockrom.com named Xiaomi_11_Lite_5G_NE_V12.5.1.0.RKOEUXM_20210901.0000.00_EEA_11_XFT, and selected the Firmware folder in mi flash, i authenticated in the tool, my device showed up in the list and i pressed flash, i tryed all modes: clean all, save user data, and clean all and lock, but all yield the same error: FAILED (remote: 'Erase is not allowed in Lock State'), what am i doing wrong?
Then I'm not really sure. I've only occasionally used MiFlash and not had any issues with it.

The only things I can think of are:
1) The phone is in fastboot mode when you're doing this, right?
2) Male sure you have the correct fastboot drivers installed in Windows, the default driver can cause issues. Look for posts on the forum about how to install using fastboot.

I think it is not possible to flash without an unlocked bootloader sadly.
The error 'Erase is not allowed in Lock State' cones from the phone in fastboot mode.

Update: I send the device to the merchant i bought it from and they reflash the firmware. Another option is to use edl mode, but if you still have warranty i suggest sending it in.