[Discussion] CM12 for Aries by M1cha

What's your screen and call time?
Do you use the extended battery?
3g enabled?
No 3G or calls today, wifi only, 1h 52m screen-on time, 2000 mAh (standard battery). But I noticed that every day "standby mode" is the "best" battery consumer, even if I don't use 3G.

Last edited:
Is there still bt audio problems with phone calls?
since 17022015 no problem at all, currently I'm running on the latest 18022015 (no special kernel etc.)

battery more less the same as in previous posts described - about 8 - 10 hours

Oh, Great because it was what holding me back because I use BT alot in my vehicle.
Battery life is that bad? I see mixed posts about it.
With CM11, 3000mah battery I get around 2hrs screen, 1hr calls, 3g all day and finish the day with around 30%.
How is it compared to lollipop? Im too anxious to try it.. :)

Oh, Great because it was what holding me back because I use BT alot in my vehicle.
Battery life is that bad? I see mixed posts about it.
With CM11, 3000mah battery I get around 2hrs screen, 1hr calls, 3g all day and finish the day with around 30%.
How is it compared to lollipop? Im too anxious to try it.. :)
Car BT headset is working well for me (I did about 30 call last week) also play Music, setup smart lock trusted device for auto unlock etc...

Noticed that WiFi lost while screen-locked. I installed some battery-saving app and uninstalled now. Is this a system feature or a bug caused by app? How could I fix it? Thx
I mean when I unlock the phone WiFi will reconnect. And no internet required app running while screen-locked.

Last edited:
Car BT headset is working well for me (I did about 30 call last week) also play Music, setup smart lock trusted device for auto unlock etc...
Read carefully, strange things going on only with BT 4.0 devices. I guess you have 2\3 BT version in your car speakers.

Noticed that WiFi lost while screen-locked. I installed some battery-saving app and uninstalled now. Is this a system feature or a bug caused by app? How could I fix it? Thx
I mean when I unlock the photo WiFi will reconnect. And no internet required app running while screen-locked.
WiFi settings as standard

Check it anyway. That battery saving app of yours could have changed your Wi-Fi setting to "save" you battery. Rather avoid this kind of apps.

Go to Wi-Fi setting and check that Wi-Fi is allowed to be alive when screen is off. If not, set it to Always.

Check it anyway. That battery saving app of yours could have changed your Wi-Fi setting to "save" you battery. Rather avoid this kind of apps.

Go to Wi-Fi setting and check that Wi-Fi is allowed to be alive when screen is off. If not, set it to Always.
Thx, I've uninstalled that app already and the settings remains as default Always. I'm considering wiping and flashing this rom again.

Update: after wiping and flashing rom, the issue remains.

Last edited:
I just finished installing on my mi2 and im very satisfied so far.
Its feels a great improvement. I'll just wait and see how battery is doing.

only few questions:
1. Charging is very slow. Any ideas why?
2. How do I delete the guest user, to free up some space for more apps?
3. How to add more buttons to the toggles menu?
4. Back button long-press to kill current app?

1) Have you tried a different charger?
2) In settings disable Profiles
3) I am back to 11, but it is doable. It is either directly in Notification drawer (right up) or in settings/ notifications drawer/ quick settings panel.
4) settings/ buttons

Check all settings, there are many useful settings.

Thanks. I guess I missed the notification drawer in the settings menu.
1. Its a good charger, I know it worked much better on cm11
2. Its already disabled, and I can only see the user guest or add another, but cant seem to find how to remove it. I want it to free some app's space
4. Its not there. not for back button anyway. IS there a way around it?

Thanks. I guess I missed the notification drawer in the settings menu.
1. Its a good charger, I know it worked much better on cm11
2. Its already disabled, and I can only see the user guest or add another, but cant seem to find how to remove it. I want it to free some app's space
4. Its not there. not for back button anyway. IS there a way around it?
4. Developer options, at the bottom

Reactions: e-r-a-n
1) Hm, I really can't tell because I usually charged at nights and didn't bother to check. Maybe others will confirm a slow charge.
2) Do you really have Profiles in settings disabled? Could you post some screenshots?

Last edited:
Regarding 2, as mikeglord said it's hidden in the developer tools.
Regarding users issue, attached some photos.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425039033355.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425039033355.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 236
  • uploadfromtaptalk1425039044050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425039044050.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 240
OK, then it's simple enough. This guest is not active and won't take up space. It's there just in case that you would like to lend your phone to someone but with some limitations (he/she can not install or delete or check your personal stuff etc). You can leave it as it is.

Reactions: e-r-a-n
I did a smal test of battery consumption, the result is bad...

I switched off all unnecessary things.
3g, GPS, mobile data

I started on 86% at 22:15
Then I set off my display and went sleep
At 5:20 there is 61%
I received 2 SMS and 1 calendar alarm during the night...

I hope for next versions it will be much better