Front camera/finger print/autolock

mik3z

Members
Aug 28, 2023
I'll just start saying I hate this phone! In the last months it's getting one problem after the other and they are all super annoying and I didn't manage to fix anything.

#1 Finger print sensor: two months ago I was noticing that my sensor was having troubles to recognise my fingerprint and one day it was completely impossible so I decided to just remove it and add it again. I could remove it easily but when I tried to add it it kept crashing to the main screen so of course I rebooted the phone. Well, fingerprint option completely disappeared from my device. Searched online for solutions, couldn't find anything that would work. Only thing I didn't try is hard reset but at the moment I'm traveling and I don't have availability to use a computer or to make sure that my datas are safe before doing that.

#2 Front Camera
A few weeks ago when I wanted to take a picture the phone just froze on the camera but it was just blurry, couldn't touch anything. Couldn't even go back to home screen so again I decided to just reboot it. Well, since then my front camera stopped working. Back camera works completely fine but as soon as I try to switch it freezes. It also doesn't work on any other app, I cleared app cache and files, reset it to default settings, and other suggestions that I don't even remember now but still doesn't work.

#3 Autolock
And since an hour or so the phone keeps locking itself and I'm finding it very hard to not just throw it out of the window.
If I'm scrolling on Instagram it just locks itself, if I'm watching a video too. I again rebooted but it keeps doing like that and yeah, my autolock and screen settings are all the same as before.

Can someone help me or should I just throw it away before I go crazy?

haha, you are not alone!!! i hated MIUI14 fingerprint sensor unlocked mechanism too. it was retarded in soo many levels. E.g when you scanned ur finger, the clock disappear. and the scanning is slow and problematic in most times.

here what i do to prevent myself from getting crazy: remove all locks.

developer mode -> unlock to homescreen after swiping.

as a result of this, my phone is unprotected and i can't use fingerprint sensor on secured apps no more. much better than going crazy right? next time, buy a samsung!

haha, you are not alone!!! i hated MIUI14 fingerprint sensor unlocked mechanism too. it was retarded in soo many levels. E.g when you scanned ur finger, the clock disappear. and the scanning is slow and problematic in most times.

here what i do to prevent myself from getting crazy: remove all locks.

developer mode -> unlock to homescreen after swiping.

as a result of this, my phone is unprotected and i can't use fingerprint sensor on secured apps no more. much better than going crazy right? next time, buy a samsung!
so there is not solution o making the fingerprint scanner to work anymore, is that correct? if I shift back to the old global rom, will the fingerprint scanner work again? thank you