Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra fingerprint sensor problem

iliyanski89

Members
Jan 4, 2024
Hello everyone and Happy New Year to all! I've searched around in hope to find threads that have this problem already resolved, but with no luck. So i bought this phone a couple of monts ago and i can't add my fingerprint. The option works just it does not detect my finger. I've tried numerous fixes but so far no good. Tried the calibration menu but on the third test the calibration fails due to error 1505 i think it was. I don't know from the previous owner if the phone had screen replacement before me. Today i ordered a calibration tool from Ali Express as a last resort measure but i doubt that will help. Can you sugest some stable Roms that have this issue fixed somehow? The phone is Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra 12/256GB Ceramic White EU specs with the lastest update of MIUI 14.0.7.0. TKAEUXM, Andorid 13 TKQ1.220829.002. Also after the latest update the battery drain is extremely fast when phone is charged to 100%. It goes to 90% in the matter of couple of minutes. Also the charging process is now faster in the range of 90 to 100%. Thanks to anyone. I hope to find some solutions to these problems soon, cause i love this phone so much. It's the best Xiaomi that i have owned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-04-16-47-20-681_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-04-16-47-20-681_com.android.settings.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 138
First remove your screen protector if you have one installed.
You could try downgrading to last miui 13 stable .
Flash using fastboot and do full wipe.

Reactions: iliyanski89
First remove your screen protector if you have one installed.
You could try downgrading to last miui 13 stable .
Flash using fastboot and do full wipe.
I've tried numerous times with or without screen protector. It's the same thing. I'm starting to think that there is some sort of hardware issue.
Screenshot_2024-01-04-18-30-50-589_com.miui.cit.jpg

Also tried that. No luck. Thanks anyway.
Maybe you can try this :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I discovered the same problem a few weeks ago, after changing the mainboard to another display.
It allways fails the third test (with different failure-numbers).
So I discovered, that you ONLY can calibrate the fingerprintsensor when you flash to STOCK ROM. (For me, 12.5 CN stock rom worked, which I updated to MIUI 14 stock rom via MIUI Updater after calibration was done - with 12.5 there were only TWO tests in calibrationmenu, not three!) After that, I installed xiaomi.eu 14 via fastboot mode again.

Leave the Bootloader open if you flash with miflash tool. This will erase ALL your data! Keep that in mind. After flashing to stock rom, you can use the description above to calibrate via testmenu. Calibration tool was not necessary. If you have further questions, leave a PN!

Last edited:
I discovered the same problem a few weeks ago, after changing the mainboard to another display.
It allways fails the third test (with different failure-numbers).
So I discovered, that you ONLY can calibrate the fingerprintsensor when you flash to STOCK ROM. (For me, 12.5 CN stock rom worked, which I updated to MIUI 14 stock rom via MIUI Updater after calibration was done - with 12.5 there were only TWO tests in calibrationmenu, not three!) After that, I installed xiaomi.eu 14 via fastboot mode again.

Leave the Bootloader open if you flash with miflash tool. This will erase ALL your data! Keep that in mind. After flashing to stock rom, you can use the description above to calibrate via testmenu. Calibration tool was not necessary. If you have further questions, leave a PN!
Thank you for your input! Today i spent over 6 hours trying to flash the damn thing but always got some kind of partition errors. I installed TWRP, got into it but couldn't get twrp recovery working. Always got some kind of errors, so i couldn't copy the zip to the root of the phone memory. Tried whatnot, follow every installation process that was on the net, but with no luck. I've finally got pissed and left the phone unlocked and set it up again like you normally do. Sorry for the bad explanations. I've literally dont have the time and the nerves to do it anymore. I'm gonna use it only with PIN lock. No fingerprint for now. Thanks anyway

Thank you for your input! Today i spent over 6 hours trying to flash the damn thing but always got some kind of partition errors. I installed TWRP, got into it but couldn't get twrp recovery working. Always got some kind of errors, so i couldn't copy the zip to the root of the phone memory. Tried whatnot, follow every installation process that was on the net, but with no luck. I've finally got pissed and left the phone unlocked and set it up again like you normally do. Sorry for the bad explanations. I've literally dont have the time and the nerves to do it anymore. I'm gonna use it only with PIN lock. No fingerprint for now. Thanks anyway
Which ROM did you try to flash via twrp? You will not be able to install cn stockrom via twrp. you do have to use miflash tool (smartphone in fastboot mode).
Sorry for my bad english. German would be better :D