Official update has broken my phone...

Damian227

Members
Jul 17, 2023
So I recently got the official update that popped up last week for MIUI 14 and ever since... the phone just doesn't work properly at all. A phone call will hang on "calling" for about 2-10 mins before connecting, absolutely NO text messages from verifying/code things; Google, Ebay, Halfords, Banks etc will come through at all and I seem to have no way of fixing this?

1. I've tried a factory reset. Calls and verification texts are still broken. As a result I can't even add my google account and install a single app.
2. I tried to access the bootloader to add the update from here, but it won't work. Fastboot pops up on the screen but then the phone bricks and I can't do anything. No menus, no detection when plugged into the pc.

Do I need a new phone? This thing is only 8 months old!?

So I recently got the official update that popped up last week for MIUI 14 and ever since... the phone just doesn't work properly at all. A phone call will hang on "calling" for about 2-10 mins before connecting, absolutely NO text messages from verifying/code things; Google, Ebay, Halfords, Banks etc will come through at all and I seem to have no way of fixing this?

1. I've tried a factory reset. Calls and verification texts are still broken. As a result I can't even add my google account and install a single app.
2. I tried to access the bootloader to add the update from here, but it won't work. Fastboot pops up on the screen but then the phone bricks and I can't do anything. No menus, no detection when plugged into the pc.

Do I need a new phone? This thing is only 8 months old!?
Are you using this custom ROM here ? If not please ask in the Xiaomi community for help.