[PETITION] Do you want CM official for MI2/2s?

I really do not understand why they would not make this device official?! Even if they have a thing against Xiaomi, hell, they should respect the people (@M1cha and others?) who have put A LOT of work in making CM possible on this device, I thought that is part of what CM is about.

And even if they don't want to add this device they should answer me and tell me that.
Just ignoring people is so stupid.
Sometimes CM devs have a 'more closed' mind than what you/we could think.. Recently they became a company and they should make profits from their work, the first device that is sold with a CM preinstalled is a Oppo (Xiaomi chinese competitor...). Anyway they should at least answer you.

I really like the idea of getting official CyanogenMod support for Mi2S, but I don't see the point of this petition right now. First prerequisite in CyanogenMod wiki clearly says:
Code:
Full hardware support -- Everything-- every peripheral, every wireless feature-- that is supported by stock *must* be supported by CyanogenMod.
At least, mhl is not working yet, so prerequisites aren't met and that could be a reason why they haven't answered anything.

This is a quote from entropy from omnirom:
While they may finally have, after YEARS of flagrant violation for the GPL, at least published their kernel source, that doesn't make years of blatant theft (managing to steal something given to them free by violating the GPL) right, doesn't make years of creditless kanging right (While the Apache license meant that kanging the Apache-licensed Cyanogenmod components was legal, MIUI's creditless kanging isn't ethical) and doesn't make them developer-friendly at all.
Personally from my experience xiaomi used a dev kernel to my old device (optimus 2x p990) without any permission without asked anything and without giving proper credits. Personally I wouldn't expect nothing official but miui ROMs for this device (pacman support was a surprise for me). Just pray for m1chas support stands for long time

Enviado desde mi MI 2 mediante Tapatalk

does that mean omni will not support us?
btw where did he say this?

Last edited:
It is there in xda-developers... Infact when i asked for Omni support for Mi2S, Entropy replied to me there...
It is so Ironical that even FAEA mobiles get CM support not Xiaomi !
I wonder what in the world Xiaomi is doing to all the Developers behind them...o_O

I ve read the xda conversation.. so is like i tought, they hate xiaomi, so they wont support us.. such a mature behavior. Anyway, we can enjoy our devices with, or without official support.

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

I ve read the xda conversation.. so is like i tought, they hate xiaomi, so they wont support us.. such a mature behavior. Anyway, we can enjoy our devices with, or without official support.

Yes but this kills the whole motivation. I worked more than a year just to have a CM compatible codebase and then we don't even get respect from the rom maintainers.

Dont lose the motivation only because for now cm team wont support us. We can make a bigger petition. Maybe with 1000 signatures, they will listen to us.. we have to forget xda support, they hate miui, and they dont want us.

If any dev here is linked to xiaomi, it would be good if he tells Xiaomi to talk with XDA to settle things. WE cannot be and should not be victim of a war between Xiaomi and XDA.

Reactions: M1cha and paulrlz

What do you think if a company steals your work without asking permission or giving credits. I would hate them too.
Yes but this kills the whole motivation. I worked more than a year just to have a CM compatible codebase and then we don't even get respect from the rom maintainers.
Please m1cha don't loose your motivation you are showing xiaomi how to do things like you said in their face. Keep it up

What do you think if a company steals your work without asking permission or giving credits. I would hate them too.

Please m1cha don't loose your motivation you are showing xiaomi how to do things like you said in their face. Keep it up

Ok xiaomi sucks in some points. They dont respect devs (like samsung).
So our guilt is that we bought the wrong phone? Cyanogen mod support a company, or the user that have the device?

Reactions: Michachu
If any dev here is linked to xiaomi, it would be good if he tells Xiaomi to talk with XDA to settle things. WE cannot be and should not be victim of a war between Xiaomi and XDA.
War is a good keyword. In my opinion there isn't much difference between people who are involved in internet fights by ignoring people or using their power of popularity to prevent developent and those people who start real-world wars with guns. I'm just happy that they don't work for our government.

That's bad but always looking at the past is never good. You have to forget about things which don't matter anymore.
And I won't loose motivation - just time :p

Ok xiaomi sucks in some points. They dont respect devs (like samsung).
So our guilt is that we bought the wrong phone? Cyanogen mod support a company, or the user that have the device?

Yes indeed you are guilty if you want official support from other devs than the company you buy the phone you should you phone very carefully.
CM is now a company that supports other companies. Forget about old CM. They have almost change their whole vision of things

@M1cha
What will be the advantages of getting cm official?
Will it be note stable?
And if it goes official you will stop working on it?
Thanks

It might also be an option to put up a petition to make Xiaomi get out an official statement. Russian, Chinese and devs from xiaomi.eu will all profit when Xiaomi makes an official statement, maybe even when they promise to follow the GPL license in the future. This way we can show them we are serious! But I think it is really important if the biggest developers would work together on this. It might even bring all the devs more together...
@M1cha

A petition won't help as much as you think. The best would be to reunite the devs with a lot of influence to give our complain a "serious" voice. The best we can actually do is asking Xiaomi to take a look at this problem. We all know that companies considers devs of their device much more that normal phone users.
Not a long time ago, this forum became the OFFICIAL international forum of Xiaomi, so reaching Xiaomi shouldn't be a big deal.
Sorry if you did not understand my bad English

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: dextructor
your english is a way better as my! ;-)

i wrote my own "humble opinion" on xda. simply they don't like xiaomi. thats all.
it dosn't matter if the kernel sources are open or enough development is in place. for every argument we have they will find a new reason to punish the xiaomi community and refusing a forum.

Nice to see mi2 community moving! Also I think a petition to xda can be more profitable than a petition to CM

Nice to see mi2 community moving! Also I think a petition to xda can be more profitable than a petition to CM

XDA will laugh about numbers <10.000 :p
ok, CM too. Their conflict with xiaomi is a much bigger problem t hen the amount of users

I think @nordon07 is right