[ROM][JB][4.3][2013-12-29] CyanogenMod 10.2

This is great! Flashed it and I haven't noticed anything too problematic.

Just one thing that I would like to have whenever possible (I know it's not a priority):

When I record a video, the sound (probably due to the noise suppression kicking in to hard) is really bad...like it was encoded at 56 kbps in MP3, with artifacts and all. The only roms where this is fixed, are the MIUI (and WIUI) roms from since two months back or around that. All other roms that are CM based, have this problem (which was present on old versions of MIUI too).

If someone could fix this so the quality of the sound in videos is in line with the one from the MIUI roms, that would be great. I don't know if it is a kernel issue or a config file one...

Hi M1cha, Headphone problem is bothering me also....
neither i can hear other person, or they cannot hear me on call....
but without headphone, it is normal.... Any fix ?

@manohar as neither the rom recognizes the double click on the headphone's controls and voice when receiving a call, maybe the rom is only recognizing as normal headphones and not bluetooth headphones.

This is great! Flashed it and I haven't noticed anything too problematic.

Just one thing that I would like to have whenever possible (I know it's not a priority):

When I record a video, the sound (probably due to the noise suppression kicking in to hard) is really bad...like it was encoded at 56 kbps in MP3, with artifacts and all. The only roms where this is fixed, are the MIUI (and WIUI) roms from since two months back or around that. All other roms that are CM based, have this problem (which was present on old versions of MIUI too).

If someone could fix this so the quality of the sound in videos is in line with the one from the MIUI roms, that would be great. I don't know if it is a kernel issue or a config file one...

That is caused by an aggressive low pass filter (8 Khz), was fixed in MIUI around July/August.
The camera on my M2S 32GBs works fine, but the framerate is low at 22.25 fps instead of 30 fps

wifi toggle issue will be fixed in next update.
And wifi without a connection consumes more power than wifi with a connection. And Connecting to a AdHoc network will disable all powersafe features(adhoc protocol doesn't support powersafe, that's normal)

yes i know that wifi searching use more power compared to wifi connected. The thing is, my wifi is normal and has connection. the router is in my room, thus max signal all the time. But whenever the phone go to deep sleep, it will drop wifi connection and keep searching maybe? . i have set the policy to always turn on. Still the same. whenever it goes to deep sleep, BBS will report that wifi on all the time, but no signal. But when screen on, BBS will not report any "no signal or connection" wifi.

@manohar as neither the rom recognizes the double click on the headphone's controls and voice when receiving a call, maybe the rom is only recognizing as normal headphones and not bluetooth headphones.

mine are normal headphone (earplug, from my old iphone). I can't hear neither voices nor my friends can hear mine...plus I don't hear the phone ringing (when plugged) at all

Battery performance for me- normal use on a work day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-16-15-02-48.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-16-15-02-48.png
    175 KB · Views: 243
mine are normal headphone (earplug, from my old iphone). I can't hear neither voices nor my friends can hear mine...plus I don't hear the phone ringing (when plugged) at all
It is my understanding that headphone designed for iphone/ipod don't work with this phone, unless, probably, if you are using an "adapter" to connect them (but I didn't try it personally).
In my (poor) experience, I noticed different behaviours with different roms, though.
With MIUI, I can use iphone earpieces to listen and to talk, although the buttons are not working.
With cm, I tried this rom and cofface's one.
This rom (previous build): connecting the iphone earpieces would make the phone hang, until disconnected.
Cofface's rom: no hanging, but I don't remember if they were working (listen+speak, no way for the buttons).

I connect the charger at the end.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384598636098.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384598636098.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 209
That is caused by an aggressive low pass filter (8 Khz), was fixed in MIUI around July/August.
The camera on my M2S 32GBs works fine, but the framerate is low at 22.25 fps instead of 30 fps
Can you focus before making a video? My 32Gb only starts to focus while filming.

@M1cha, if you subit your work to cm team now, you may become a mi2(s) maintaier now, because basical thins are all working ;)

@linuxx Did you talk with CM team or is it just a thought? because cams do work 50% and MHL and OTG aren't working yet.

@linuxx Did you talk with CM team or is it just a thought? because cams do work 50% and MHL and OTG aren't working yet.
But if i don't make a mistake OTG doesn't work on nexus 4 too with theri kernel and MHL doesen't matter i saw official nightlies where bluetooth wasn't working... So i think you can, it may be beauful for the xiaomi community a good example for who dislike those phones ;)

Reactions: MSephiroth
But if i don't make a mistake OTG doesn't work on nexus 4 too with theri kernel and MHL doesen't matter i saw official nightlies where bluetooth wasn't working... So i think you can, it may be beauful for the xiaomi community a good example for who dislike those phones ;)
OTG isn't support by Google's AOSP roms, too ;)
But u're right. Even if they deny with the reason sth isn't working I can still make a 2nd request

I submitted the port. We'll see what their answer is.
Once you have sent your email, expect a good amount of time to pass before a reply. This can take a couple of weeks. Your device will be reviewed. If things need to be changed, a conversation will start with you to help guide you through the process of being accepted. If your device is rejected, you will get a detailed response as to why. Not all devices will be accepted. Keep this in mind.

Great! Tested now on my mi2s 16gb and camera works, a bit laggy on focus, but I think that is because I have to light in this room... I'll Never switch back to coffaces Roms
Can I post your ROM on miui.it and on my Aries toolkit sources (I made some changes: added swore swype keyboard Google frameworks and play store,photosphere and beats,removed live wallpapers) ??
Inviato dal mio MI 2s utilizzando Tapatalk

It is my understanding that headphone designed for iphone/ipod don't work with this phone, unless, probably, if you are using an "adapter" to connect them (but I didn't try it personally).
In my (poor) experience, I noticed different behaviours with different roms, though.
With MIUI, I can use iphone earpieces to listen and to talk, although the buttons are not working.
With cm, I tried this rom and cofface's one.
This rom (previous build): connecting the iphone earpieces would make the phone hang, until disconnected.
Cofface's rom: no hanging, but I don't remember if they were working (listen+speak, no way for the buttons).

I've another CM installed and it works perfectly with the same earplug, its just a problem of this rom.

Great! Tested now on my mi2s 16gb and camera works, a bit laggy on focus, but I think that is because I have to light in this room... I'll Never switch back to coffaces Roms
Can I post your ROM on miui.it and on my Aries toolkit sources (I made some changes: added swore swype keyboard Google frameworks and play store,photosphere and beats,removed live wallpapers) ??
Inviato dal mio MI 2s utilizzando Tapatalk
Ofc, with proper credits.

I've another CM installed and it works perfectly with the same earplug, its just a problem of this rom.
It's because I don't use ivan's audio-caf repository to have compatibility with CM's version of this repo. I just need to add some more changes.

Ofc, with proper credits.
It's because I don't use ivan's audio-caf repository to have compatibility with CM's version of this repo. I just need to add some more changes.
Yes of course, I respect YOUR WORK, so now i'll edit aries tookit and change cofface's name to your and change rom too ;)
If you want to see HERE posted Your rom (put it as the first ) and your recovery, i give you credits :)

Last edited: