[rom Lollipop] Mokee 5.1.1 (magic Fun Rom) For Normal And Merged Partitions - Double Tap To Wake

Thanks mate ... do I need to flash patch for merged partition ?

I have data merged partition layout [but no system merged].
flash goes ok, ROM is booting and working 100%.
only issue is I can't find/mount sdcard path.. I open CM file explorer and I only find secure storage path [no sdcard].

all is working [even sdcard mounting] with 29 Nov build of mokee ROM [MK51.1-aries-201511292011-UNOFFICIAL.zip]

Ok, i found and flashed the 20151129 mokee. Can anybody upload the ota-mk51.1-aries-201511292011-201512311830-unofficial.zip ? I cannot download from miui forum, thanks

edit: found the way! i'm gonna upload soon the file in a more comfortable server

Last edited:
Reactions: Vivek Burse
Does anybody know how to change color for led notification? I came from Mokee kitkat and some notification light settings I got there are still here, like messages is green and not white(due to restore of Mokee account I imagine) but I cannot choose actually the color from the settings

You mean like this?
8cf2ed8a4a9dfe036e0903c20bda800e.jpg

It's the last element in "Display & lights" for me
(but I'm using a different MK build).

You mean like this?
8cf2ed8a4a9dfe036e0903c20bda800e.jpg
Yes, how do you pick the color for different apps? I could choose in the kitkat version of Mokee. Like in your screen I cannot decide which color use, only pulse light and speed. Only whatsapp can do this in his own settings, for other apps maybe I should find an app even if it's annoying

A simple guide to update from not merged data-sdcard mokee official 4.4.4 to the last mokee unofficial 5.1.1 with merged partition

1) optional - make a full nandroid backup in case anything went wrong

2)REPARTITION TO MERGED DATA
- download MIUI 5.9.2 fastboot package from official miui.com site or from here
- flash it via MiFlash, selecting "flash_all.bat" from advanced properties (the flash_all.bat is inside the miui 5.9.2 fastboot package)
-reboot from fastboot and wait (10 minutes more or less) until miui rom finally boot to the home screen

3)FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY TWRP 2.8.7.0 FOR MERGED PARTITION
-use this guide (point 2) to flash TWRP via fastboot
4)FLASH MOKEE 5.1.1 ROM + GAPPS
-from twrp wipe data, system, caches -> flash MK51.1-aries-201511292011-UNOFFICIAL -> flash OTA-MK51.1-aries-201511292011-201512311830-UNOFFICIAL.zip -> flash gapps -> reboot

tested on MI2 32GB with mokee 4.4.4, use at your own risk

thanks to @zipalign and @VinSWADED

Last edited:
Reactions: swimmer
I noticed that, after using google maps as navigator for 30 minutes with 3g data and max brightness on, there are soft reboot often. Probably for the heat/high temperature the cpu reaches but i'm not sure about it. Anyone else got this issue?

A simple guide to update from not merged data-sdcard mokee official 4.4.4 to the last mokee unofficial 5.1.1 with merged partition

1) optional - make a full nandroid backup in case anything went wrong

2)REPARTITION TO MERGED DATA
- download MIUI 5.9.2 fastboot package from official miui.com site or from here
- flash it via MiFlash, selecting "flash_all.bat" from advanced properties (the flash_all.bat is inside the miui 5.9.2 fastboot package)
-reboot from fastboot and wait (10 minutes more or less) until miui rom finally boot to the home screen

3)FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY TWRP 2.8.7.0 FOR MERGED PARTITION
-use this guide (point 2) to flash TWRP via fastboot
4)FLASH MOKEE 5.1.1 ROM + GAPPS
-from twrp wipe data, system, caches -> flash MK51.1-aries-201511292011-UNOFFICIAL -> flash OTA-MK51.1-aries-201511292011-201512311830-UNOFFICIAL.zip -> flash gapps -> reboot

tested on MI2 32GB with mokee 4.4.4, use at your own risk

thanks to @zipalign and @VinSWADED

Thank you for the guide! I am on Mokee now thanks to you!

Reactions: gonewild
Does anybody encounter soft reboot when receiving call (especially home phone call)? I need a power off to receive a call after, otherwise it always reboots. I got Gsm/wcdma preferred as my preferred network type @VinSWADED @zipalign

Does anybody encounter soft reboot when receiving call (especially home phone call)? I need a power off to receive a call after, otherwise it always reboots. I got Gsm/wcdma preferred as my preferred network type @VinSWADED @zipalign

Yes, yesterday I got called 2 times by a unknown fixed line, this made my phone soft reboot.
Also GSM/WCDMA. Haven't had this problem untill yesterday, mobile numbers can call me just fine. I thought I messed something up myself with xposed etc..

Yes, yesterday I got called 2 times by a unknown fixed line, this made my phone soft reboot.
Also GSM/WCDMA. Haven't had this problem untill yesterday, mobile numbers can call me just fine. I thought I messed something up myself with xposed etc..
i don't have exposed and i found this issue 2 weeks ago. I tried to change radio base and now i'm fastbooting all again, cause i screwed the radio...we need some chinese user who can ask on miui chinese forum about...i think it's a problem of radio something

EDIT: possible workaround: just changing to only gsm in preferred network when you need to receive a phone call (i havn't tried cause now i am with bugers lollipop rom)

Last edited:
I already flashing with the last version, From MIUI7 (7.x.x) "forgot the version), can i put all apps back with Titanium Backup data+apps ? and why my VSDCARD cant detect in this ROM ? anyone can help ? Thanks

I already flashing with the last version, From MIUI7 (7.x.x) "forgot the version), can i put all apps back with Titanium Backup data+apps ? and why my VSDCARD cant detect in this ROM ? anyone can help ? Thanks
of course