[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Bug in this release(4.11.21) !
I can't add widget-system buttons, settings . After reboot phone, buttons are visible.

To clarify the bug:
This bug appears when adding any toggles or system settings buttons to the home screen.
It DOES NOT appear when using any other 1x1 widgets!
- I tested this with the Cleaner 1x1 widget

Attached is a picture showing what @kulig007 descibes about the widget icons becoming visible after rebooting the phone!
As seen on the picture, the added widgets get stacked on top of each other if more widgets are added than fit the layout.

(The Open Camera app stacked on top of the others is to show that the system still does not recognize the widgets after rebooting!)

Screenshot_2014-11-21-21-40-52[1].png

Reactions: shocks
@sebsch1991

Did you checked about trim ?
Included in the kernel since Android 4.3 ?

Fstrim support is included in kernel and binaries are available but afaik its not executed by default.
If it was useless my fstrim log would show "0 kB trimmed" in log.

But it actually has positive values every boot.

Bug in this release(4.11.21) !
I can't add widget-system buttons, settings . After reboot phone, buttons are visible.

Confirmed!

Thats the bad site when using developer beta releases ;P ...
If its not fixed in next release Im gonna look into it and fix it by myself for the following sMIUI release.

Reactions: MSephiroth
I know...but, what is better than waiting for Friday's releases, installation DEV version and look for any bugs - enjoy, fun .
Stable versions are boring

Tap Tap Tapatalk
haha, I have not had a stable ROM installed since day 2 that I had my Mi2S x)!
I'm addicted to flashing, guys :eek:

Reactions: pelongs
Sounds weird, Please try again after flashing next release 4.11.21 ...
It will reflash recovery.

Please reply back if the error still comes up when restoring a backup.

Google Apps are preinstalled in sMIUI by default

4.11.21 will be online around 12.00 AM (GMT +1) tomorrow
must have been something in cwm;
since this 21-update I have executed the backup command , then data/factory reset (aaaahh unnatural ! if it ain't broke, don't fix it) and then success in complete restore. Thanks for the solution!

Only observation with questionmark is this: after "Formatting /sd-ext..." cwm returned with "E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]". Is that supposed to be?

With latest version I can't remove notifications from apps in settings. It seems to be a bug, anyone can do test?
I deselect the notification, and it come back...
Screen shot were doing sequentially
f170a350b088baa156751955ec69ac46.jpg

c90d000a7748bd64721d006748956578.jpg

3be3ae161b2953d7b8e5898785d756de.jpg

078937da6d4d5521343b7b9c57cc202e.jpg

I modified the official 4.11.21 MIUI6 for TDB and flashed it. What I have found is that, the official ROM DO NOT have this BUG!

since this 21-update I have executed the backup command , then data/factory reset (aaaahh unnatural ! if it ain't broke, don't fix it) and then success in complete restore. Thanks for the solution!

Only observation with questionmark is this: after "Formatting /sd-ext..." cwm returned with "E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]". Is that supposed to be?
Yes,it is supposed to be

Fstrim support is included in kernel and binaries are available but afaik its not executed by default.
If it was useless my fstrim log would show "0 kB trimmed" in log.

But it actually has positive values every boot.

Confirmed!

Thats the bad site when using developer beta releases ;P ...
If its not fixed in next release Im gonna look into it and fix it by myself for the following sMIUI release.
But I'll be using Nova Launcher, would it affect me either? I'm freezing the System Launcher by Link2sd app

I modified the official 4.11.21 MIUI6 for TDB and flashed it. What I have found is that, the official ROM DO NOT have this BUG!

Well as of your reply I tested as well and I found that it is a 100 % bug in official xiaomi release.
sMIUI 4.11.14 No bug
sMIUI 4.11.21 BUG
xioami.eu 4.11.21 BUG
miui.com official 4.11.21 BUG

I think other Launchers shouldnt be affected but you gotta try out yourself. As stated before, if xiaomi wont fix that bug in next release i´ll take a deeper look into it.

Thats nothing to worry about, you´re all fine ;)

Dear Sebsch1991:

I have one small request. Is it possible to get the digital clock widget of MIUI for other launchers? When I try to put widgets in Nova Launcher it says that there is only analogue clock available (when no other clock widget is installed). Is it possible to make the digital clock widget of MIUI to be available for other launchers also?

Dear Sebsch1991:

I have one small request. Is it possible to get the digital clock widget of MIUI for other launchers? When I try to put widgets in Nova Launcher it says that there is only analogue clock available (when no other clock widget is installed). Is it possible to make the digital clock widget of MIUI to be available for other launchers also?

Sorry I think I cant help you with that.

thanks for your effort on this rom,

i am having a problem when connected with DATA, using 3g network i cannot access any website,
using 2g i can access websites but facebook messenger cannot connect.
"access denied.
Techinal description: 403 Forbidden - You are not allowed to communicate with the requested resource "

i used different browsers, and all apps have permissions for data.
haven't tested other miui 6 roms, but in mokee os i didn't have this problem
10rpbns.png

thanks for your effort on this rom,

i am having a problem when connected with DATA, using 3g network i cannot access any website,
using 2g i can access websites but facebook messenger cannot connect.
"access denied.
Techinal description: 403 Forbidden - You are not allowed to communicate with the requested resource "

i used different browsers, and all apps have permissions for data.
haven't tested other miui 6 roms, but in mokee os i didn't have this problem
10rpbns.png
You can access internet by 2g connection and wifi off?? I cannot read the screenshot you've provided (it only shows a small thumbnail). And I cannot reproduce that problem of yours...

You can access internet by 2g connection and wifi off?? I cannot read the screenshot you've provided (it only shows a small thumbnail). And I cannot reproduce that problem of yours...

wifi is working great, my problem is when using 2g/3g .
in the screenshot it says "access denied.

But you said you could access internet when using 2g connection? how could you? In toggles page (swipe down at homescreen) you can have data on/off (which means 2g/3g) and wifi on/off. So you could access internet when data was off (the data icon is not lit)?

what is your "mobile network settings - preferred network type" ?

I could connect after switching on "data roaming" and selecting "prefer 3g networks", hope it helps for you.

But you said you could access internet when using 2g connection? how could you? In toggles page (swipe down at homescreen) you can have data on/off (which means 2g/3g) and wifi on/off. So you could access internet when data was off (the data icon is not lit)?
at least with my operator, i can get internet/data with both 2g and 3g (by changing prefered network type in mobile network settings)

what is your "mobile network settings - preferred network type" ?

I could connect after switching on "data roaming" and selecting "prefer 3g networks", hope it helps for you.
i have data roaming enabled and tried with both 2g and 3g networks (3g doesn't work at all, 2g works for websites and some services)

Update: Problem solved, it didn't automatically download the correct APN, so i added it manually

Last edited: