[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Rom installed and it seems really good :)

Just one general question: my proximity sensor seems broken, when I make a call the screen turns immediately off and there's no way to turn it on, even power and volume buttons don't work.
They work only when the other person ends the call.
This happens with all the roms I tried, so I guess it's a hardware issue.
Is it possibile to disable proximity sensor? I can't find the option in menu settings...

Here is what you´re looking for.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24982571/disable-proximity-sensor-during-call

Both my Wiui and smiui give fc on gapps...Any idea why?

Sounds weird, I dont have such issues. Please do fresh reinstall with wipe data.

Just one general question: my proximity sensor seems broken, when I make a call the screen turns immediately off and there's no way to turn it on, even power and volume buttons don't work.
Is it possibile to disable proximity sensor? I can't find the option in menu settings...
Hi,
I have absolutely the same issue! I have also tried many ROMs with same result. I have tried to recalibrate the proximity sensor from service menu with no luck. I am 100% sure it is harder issue. To disable proximity sensor is not a real solution, we have to change this part. I am looking for supplier...

Sounds weird, I dont have such issues. Please do fresh reinstall with wipe data.

Took me some time but I know it now: (I think)
I had a stray Google Play/Services in my system, being a system app also it's easy to 'not notice' it. When I made I MIUI backup this stray was included. I didn't notice it was my 'stray' app but that it was the original system app...
When restoring my apps I could not uncheck it, as the 'stray' was not shown in my list. (I assume that MIUI backup/restore app thought the stray was a system app and thus does not show it.) So my stray Google Play/Services got restored over the original everytime I restored all.

Work around: when restoring my MIUI backup, I use the toggle to unselect all apps at once, (and thus the hidden apps too!) and than manually check every app.

I hope I explained myself well enough to understand...

Now time will tell if this is actually the case.

Last edited:

Hi,
I have absolutely the same issue! I have also tried many ROMs with same result. I have tried to recalibrate the proximity sensor from service menu with no luck. I am 100% sure it is harder issue. To disable proximity sensor is not a real solution, we have to change this part. I am looking for supplier...

Have you some foil or glass protection on screen?
If yes You should try to remove it.

No I haven't any screen protector or foil. It seems I have to change the proximity sensor. Not so simple...

Settings / Call settings / Incomig call settings / Proximity sensor

Thanks, it woks :D
Now I can use power button to turn on and offe the screen during calls, it's ok for me

I don't know why I haven't found that option before and I it's easy to find.. well thanks again!

Reactions: ztolya
Got the same problem. I hope, next update will fix it.

This problem is not ROM related so there will be no ROM Update which can fix it.
Youve got a problem with either your partition table, permissions or fstab.

As I mentioned before, I would recommend flashing a complete fresh version via fastboot ( this will repartition your device and fix all your problems)

After that you can install sMIUI or whatever you want.

It's impossible to delete "updater.apk".. Other solution for not displaying Miui notfy??
You can do as I did. Use Link2sd app (free app), and either freeze or uninstall update.apk. Thats it ;)

P.S You would need Root permission for that. I'm sure you know how to do it

Reactions: rendolf
wonderful rom, have been using smiui as daily driver since a few weeks ! stable & no fcs (playstore) at my mi2sc, tdb.

I prefer camera from wiui5. is it possible to port?

Reactions: Gobbenobber