So at beginning we don't have miui v6

Miui? What is Miui?

When I buy a phone it needs to fullfill my needs hardware-wise... Software? I don't really care about the OS, as long as it's android and has a big community working on the device. That's how I pick my phones :) You can't trust a company for aftersales, you can trust a community for bringing you the most useful and nicest roms!

Next phone will be Xperia Z3 Compact, there will be a lot of developers and it will have top of the shelf hardware in a compact body, just like my beloved M2s :D

Big thanks too ALLLLLLLLLLL the DEVS out there ;)
i have an xperia U and a sony Xperia S.. well.. no, Sony isn't the way, like Xiaomi for me.

i have an xperia U and a sony Xperia S.. well.. no, Sony isn't the way, like Xiaomi for me.
Hehe, my first Android phone was a Xperia SP. I liked it a lot but it was too big for me... There's very good support on Xperia phones too so yeah... maybe you should try the newer Xperia phones, the ones you mention are Sony Ericsson phones... They have improved a lot!

You do understand that >75% who own Sony devices cant even unlock bootloader and that Sony is releasing new generation every six months?
I really don't understand the point your trying to make, please explain to me why it would matter if more then 75% don't know how to unlock their phone?
Isn't that the same with any brand...

Besides... on the Sony sections on XDA there are MUCH MORE people than on this forum so.... Even if your argument is valid, it still isn't ;)

Hehe, my first Android phone was a Xperia SP. I liked it a lot but it was too big for me... There's very good support on Xperia phones too so yeah... maybe you should try the newer Xperia phones, the ones you mention are Sony Ericsson phones... They have improved a lot!

I really don't understand the point your trying to make, please explain to me why it would matter if more then 75% don't know how to unlock their phone?

Besides... on the Sony sections on XDA there are MUCH MORE people than on this forum so.... Even if your argument is valid, it still isn't ;)

No they CANT unlock it.

I must subscribe with @XperianPro on this one... my second phone, after moto defy, was a Xperia Sola and i only had it for 3 months, mostly, because lacking of devs working on that device. Besides, i can't even take the enormous ego of some devs on that XDA forum which assume themselves like "Gods" or something like that. So, no.... Despite i also will like some phone like z3 compact to be my mi2s replacement, i think in some way, xiaomi is more dev-friendly than Sony and i'm pretty sure that mi4 will get custom ROMs in time. About MIUI 6 for MI2s, i'm pretty confident that we will receive it, not only for this (http://www.miui.com/thread-1896839-1-1.html) but because it's the most succesful Mi device until now and mi2s hardware is pretty enough to run MIUI 6 smooth and fluid.

If you search development (as i think), nexus is the way :) Buy hey, "De gustibus non est disputandum" i like xperia Z1 compact too (z3 compact will be 4.57 inch). I love the new mi4, but i know that there will not be development, so..

xiaomi employees have been confirmed

http://m.weibo.cn/1782068057/3743758631
393551?sourceType=sms&from=1045515010&wm=4209_8001

Great! Now it's safe to say that there will be MIUI 6 for aries (99% confirmed since the op is Xiaomi Software Engineer, and he is currently developing the software for the new released Mi band mentioned in the post) and we will know when the update will land at the press conference tomorrow.

But still, I won't say it will be soon since there is not even a alpha test of MIUI 6 for aries till today. We'll find out tomorrow, I hope I'm wrong maybe they're just doing some secret test even keeping the alpha test group out :D

at what time does the miui6 launch event start tomorrow? and will there be any livestream?

Anyone commenting the Miui v6 event?
Go on the Miui site and see the presentation. Those leaks weren't all that fake after all.

Here it is a quote about our mi2s
"MIUI 6 will first by tested by 1000 beta tester, and the team will grow to 10000 people by August 22. MIUI 6 developer version will open to public. By the end of 2014, Xiaomi Mi 2/2S/2A, Redmi devices and Redmi Note will start testing."

First they released a new phone completely copied the look of a iPhone (Mi 4)
Now they released a new rom completely copied the look of iOS 7 (Miui 6)

Crap, I'm not gonna use it. I don't think I'll ever support this Xiaomi company anymore.
I think we will have Android L in 4 months, why use a KitKat based rom by then anyway?

why use a KitKat based rom by then anyway?
Where is the problem if you're not going to use it?

I like MIUI 6 concept (not the design, but we know that we can customize it), it's a big pitty we have still to wait, I'm a little tired. But if they will release it with Android L (no hope on it) it's worth the waiting time.

Reactions: blackcatw81
Crap, I'm not gonna use it. I don't think I'll ever support this Xiaomi company anymore.
I think we will have Android L in 4 months, why use a KitKat based rom by then anyway?
I have to agree with this. Not sure I have ever seen a flagship device receive an out of date update. I will be keeping my mi2s for as long as I can but my next phone will defiantly not be xiaomi.

From that we can see the attitude of Xiaomi, after all it's all about business, why get the old phones work better instead of selling new phones to old users?
Hahaha, I cannot believe this statement. The fact that xiaomi has neglected my mi2s is exactly the reason that they won't be selling a new phone to this old user.

Reactions: blackcatw81
Edit: I forgot to add something VERY important: if it weren't for the amazing developers we have on this forum, doing their own thing, the Mi2 would be way worse than it is now. Thanks to them we have CM KitKat, MIUI KitKat, real Raw image capture, etc...
+1

+1 also have been waiting an age for what had been billed as a cutting edge rom to be released today, only to find an outdated rom with some cosmetic changes and whats more I can't download it as its not ready yet!!!! Xiaomi is a joke.

As soon as Google L has been ported to my MI2S that's what I'll be installing.

Where is the problem if you're not going to use it?

I like MIUI 6 concept (not the design, but we know that we can customize it), it's a big pitty we have still to wait, I'm a little tired. But if they will release it with Android L (no hope on it) it's worth the waiting time.

The main problem is, I want Android OS on my Android phone, not a iOS copy on a iPhone copy. I'm not a big fan of iOS 7 design, but that's not the problem. The problem is, Xiaomi has always been a copycat (the can deny as much as they want but any body with a brain can tell it's just an apple copy. No matter how good it looks, copy is always copy) but announces proudly like they actually invented something... shame on them.

You said you like the concept, well, let me tell you some thing: Some (by some I mean a big part, maybe I should use the word "Many" instead) of the most beautiful concepts at the press conference of MIUI V5 NEVER actually landed on MIUI V5 (yes, not even today when MIUI 6 is already coming) I felt kind of sad about this (MIUI V5 was one of the reason I purchased my Mi2S back then, for it's concept and I kind of like the design of MIUI V5, better than iOS 6 IMHO)

Will it be released with Android L - not a chance. Android L is not even officially released (now it's just a developer preview, it could be very different from the coming public release) Will it be updated to L soon after the public release of L - still nope. ART is too much different than Dalvik, they might need to rebuild everything since MIUI changed Android so much. (ART on KitKat? That's still very different from ART on L) But I believe it will be based on KitKat since 4.4 is required for Mi band to work.