Wifi Connection problem

Rollplayer

Members
Apr 24, 2014
Hey guys my Red Rice is brand new but wont connect or detect Wifi connections. It did the first day but then nothing. Sometimes it has a triangle with an exclamation mark where the wifi symbol would be and other times nothing at all. If I try and activate wifi in options it just says "enabling wifi" for a few seconds then goes back to off.

Any ideas? is it a fault?

Thank you

Can you post some screenshots of the triangle and also the wi-fi settings.
also what firmware are you using?
Have you tried others to see if the issue also happens?

I have a Redmi WCDMA with stable rom 15.0.0 Multilang and I have the same problem, except for the triangle.
Desperately I made a factory reset and it stays the same.
What can I do? >_<

try with another version of firmware
I have just updated to 16.0.0 and it still doesn't work.
The wifi icon flickers when I try to use it, and if it is on (sometimes stays, but doesn't work either) the data connection doesn't work also, as if it was waiting for the wifi to work. I don't know.

It was working correctly after I upgraded to 15.0.0 for several days...

Last edited:
I've just noticed I don't have a MAC address nor IP.

Screenshot_2014-07-13-19-53-24.png

This problem appears to be only on your wifi or it is not working elsewhere too? Have you checked your apps, if there is not a interference from other apps? Do you use system to connect or do you use a third party app? Do you have firewall or some kind of antivirus?
Have you done any changes in Permissions or - and this one's important - have you limited an access to the internet for any apps in build in "firewall" (Data consumption - rules)?

If you are not sure, do a backup and then wipe cache then try to connect again.

Last edited:
Is not working everywhere I go, it doesn't start even connecting, I can't see any wifi because it stops before I can see any.
I've done a reset, and without any app installed it didn't worked.
I use the system to connect and I don't have any firewall.
I haven't done any changes in Permissions and I haven't limited the access to the internet in any way.
The only thing that I've done is change the theme, then it started working badly, but since I've done a reset, I have a different theme (even though I don't think that the problem is the theme).
I've seen other people in other forums with the same problem, and a cache wipe didn't solve anything, but I will try tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest. ;)
I hope it could be solved soon :(

I've tried to do a cache wipe and the problem is still there. This is a capture of the wifi, it stays on enabling wifi forever:

Screenshot_2014-07-14-02-16-58.png

It looks like you deactivate access to the internet for one of the system's app. (It happened to me once). Check it in Data usage - Restrict. Also go to Data usage - Stats and there click a mothly view. Click on System apps and there go through all apps and Allow background data for all apps, especially check that Android system has wifi, 3g and Background data allowed.

If this won't help do a clean system install from scratch.

None of the apps were restricted, and now it shows its connected, but it doesn't work anyway.

I'll do a clean system install, is there an easy tutorial on this?
Thank you for your help!

It shows you you are connected now? Wifi enabled? If yes, and still you can't connect, restart your phone and try it again.

It worked for 50 minutes, now its gone...
It stopped working when I opened the themes app. >_<
I have restarted, and nothing has changed, the problem is still there.

The problem lies in your Theme app then. Clear the app cache - settings - applications - themes. Or if it's necessary follow one more time those instructions above.

It started doing the same, I've cleaned the theme app cache and information, restarted 3 times, look apps data restrictions...
Nothing works...

Well, the problem appeared after installing a theme and reappeared after you went to theme again, so we can make a hazard guess that the problem lies there. I wouldn't rule out that it may be caused by a corrupted theme app either...

First go to the Theme, set the default one and delete others. It means you have to click on each theme, scroll down and click Delete. Then - just to be sure - go one more time to apps and wipe theme data/ cache. And then enable wifi. If it won't turn to enable follow this one again.

It looks like you deactivate access to the internet for one of the system's app. (It happened to me once). Check it in Data usage - Restrict. Also go to Data usage - Stats and there click a mothly view. Click on System apps and there go through all apps and Allow background data for all apps, especially check that Android system has wifi, 3g and Background data allowed.

If this won't help do a clean system install from scratch.

It started doing the same
What exactly? Wifi can switch to enable or it did stuck on disabled again? Is your 3g connection working?

Last edited:
Wifi stucks on enable and then it goes off, 3g works ok, I have no problem with that.

The wifi problem started with another theme, but I have done what you said anyway and the problem persists. U_U

I had a similar problem with my phone, stable 15 multilang ROM.
When activated, wifi would connect to the router and a couple of seconds after that, as soon as some app (tapatalk, browser) reads a few kB, wifi would disconnect. In notification shade, wifi icon would dim and stay like that, not connecting anymore. If manually turned off and on again, wifi would connect again and a second later again disconnect. Tested on at least 2 different routers (at home and at work). Rebooting the phone would fix it temporarily and after a couple of days the problem would reappear. I uninstalled the last couple of apps and it's ok for a week now. Don't know what could make such a problem, maybe i found some misbehaving app.

I am pretty sure from what you described, the problem is not in your phone's wifi module or phone per se.

Of course you MUST check if the problem appears in other wifi networks as well. Are you trying to connect to your home wifi? The other devices works fine?

I guess you already deleted all downloaded themes and deleted the app data. You checked you allowed All (3g, wifi, background) connections in Allow for Google play services... as I wrote earlier, right?

If you have a will to try, you can download one of previous Miui versions and do a clean reinstall with full wipe. Do not restore anything afterwards and check if the problem persists first. After that you can restore your data from backup.

Of course you MUST check if the problem appears in other wifi networks as well. Are you trying to connect to your home wifi? The other devices works fine?
I've tried other wifi networks and the other devices work fine with my home wifi.

I guess you already deleted all downloaded themes and deleted the app data. You checked you allowed All (3g, wifi, background) connections in Allow for Google play services... as I wrote earlier, right?

If you have a will to try, you can download one of previous Miui versions and do a clean reinstall with full wipe. Do not restore anything afterwards and check if the problem persists first. After that you can restore your data from backup.
It is all checked and allowed for every app that I have.
I have done a clean reinstall with full wipe with a previous version that I know worked well. The wifi problem hasn't gone yet >_<

I've noticed that since this started happening, some apps crush sometimes and this never happened to me before (so often, I mean).

Wow, if I turn on Airplane mode and then I turn it off, it works correctly...
I will try this all day to see if it works.

Update: some minutes after, this doesn't work either... U_U

Last edited: