Xiaomi.eu many bugs

esoteric

Members
May 2, 2024
I just got my first Chinese phone and I decided to run the xiaomi.eu rom. However I've had a lot of problems I'm not sure if they're xiaomi.eu related but I do think they are. I'm really thinking about sending the phone back unless the bugs can be fixed obviously.

Bugs:
Google messages can't receive & send messages even when cache have been cleared and it has been set as default app.

Snapchat lens transition doesn't work for zoom lenses (3.2x) & (5x) ultra wide however does work.

When searching on chrome it sometimes doesn't load and chrome just goes black. Sometimes it just crashes randomly when searching.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-02-18-00-34-403_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-02-18-00-34-403_com.android.settings.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 74
I just got my first Chinese phone and I decided to run the xiaomi.eu rom. However I've had a lot of problems I'm not sure if they're xiaomi.eu related but I do think they are. I'm really thinking about sending the phone back unless the bugs can be fixed obviously.

Bugs:
Google messages can't receive & send messages even when cache have been cleared and it has been set as default app.

Snapchat lens transition doesn't work for zoom lenses (3.2x) & (5x) ultra wide however does work.

When searching on chrome it sometimes doesn't load and chrome just goes black. Sometimes it just crashes randomly when searching.
Just confirming here - do you have the CN model or global? From the config it looks like it's a CN - in that case this seems to be a known issue among CN houji and aurora where messages are not delivering via 3rd party messaging apps. It's a strange bug but global devices can use Google Messages just fine, but CN models appear to be having issues when using non-stock Messages on EU.

Just confirming here - do you have the CN model or global? From the config it looks like it's a CN - in that case this seems to be a known issue among CN houji and aurora where messages are not delivering via 3rd party messaging apps. It's a strange bug but global devices can use Google Messages just fine, but CN models appear to be having issues when using non-stock Messages on EU.
Im using a CN mobile. I got it to work by doing this: settings > privacy > permission manager > SMS

Then turning on the permissions. However do you have any idea about the Snapchat lens switching? It annoys me a lot I can't use the zoom lenses on third party apps.