New Xiaomi Mi 5c Unsolvable Problems

kilon00

Members
Sep 30, 2017
So i got this new MI5c 2 weeks ago from Aliexpress. I live in Spain and I am using DigiMobil for carrier. I flashed the latest Weekly MIUI and it disconnects the calls always. I got more bugs too. One of them is that the phone zoomes in every video in every app on the right upper corner. Another problem is that when I use a ussd code to see how much internet i have left it pops up and dissapears immediatly. If someone has any idea why this is happening or if someone is working on it please tell me.

Reactions: Moove_me
So i got this new MI5c 2 weeks ago from Aliexpress. I live in Spain and I am using DigiMobil for carrier. I flashed the latest Weekly MIUI and it disconnects the calls always. I got more bugs too. One of them is that the phone zoomes in every video in every app on the right upper corner. Another problem is that when I use a ussd code to see how much internet i have left it pops up and dissapears immediatly. If someone has any idea why this is happening or if someone is working on it please tell me.
Hi there! I have the same problem with the USSD codes and the problem with the vídeos zooming on during playback. Another problem is sometimes my phone loses network connection and appears "without service" first in sim#1 and the in both. By the way, I live in Spain and have the carrier Yoigo. Greetings.

Hi there! I have the same problem with the USSD codes and the problem with the vídeos zooming on during playback. Another problem is sometimes my phone loses network connection and appears "without service" first in sim#1 and the in both. By the way, I live in Spain and have the carrier Yoigo. Greetings.
Hi guys, I'm a Mi 5c user as well. About the video playback issue, that's a widespread bug across multiple devices that should have been fixed by Xiaomi itself in 7.9.21 and later builds: sadly our device has skipped such update due to instability, they're working on deep level system optimizations. Next build we'll get is 7.10.9, just have to wait another week. About the network issues, I'm from Italy and I'm using Vodafone as a carrier, no problems whatsoever. Though I've been following various weekly threads, and it seems there are issues with spanish carriers: this guy might have found a fix for your problem https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-9-14-15.41552/page-28#post-386967.

If the link does not work here's the quote:
"Nothing, just change your "Tipo de OMV" to IMSI in APN settings and reboot."

Hi there again! I made those changes but I still can not use the USSD codes. Do you have another option to experiment? Thanks for all. Greetings.

I have the same problem, we can only wait a new update.
Sorry guys but I don't know any other solutions. By the way, there was a misleading translation from chinese to english done by Xiaomi: closed betas are released again from today with 7.10.9; next public will be this friday ad usual, so 7.10.12, just a bit of extra patience :)

Last edited:
Well... another problem is that 4g works very rarely, sometimes i see LTE on the upper bar but very few times...
I hope they get fixed all those things, great community! Keep the work up!

@archmirak
I'm from Italy too, and i wait for my Mi5c to arrive.
Can you point me out what rom is best for Italy, under Vodafone carrier.
Thanks

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

me too italian, i have vodafone and i have same problem.
Or wait next release, or install a rom (miui 8) from may or june.

Well... another problem is that 4g works very rarely, sometimes i see LTE on the upper bar but very few times...
I hope they get fixed all those things, great community! Keep the work up!
Have you enabled the 5 mode frequencies in hidden engineering app?

@archmirak
I'm from Italy too, and i wait for my Mi5c to arrive.
Can you point me out what rom is best for Italy, under Vodafone carrier.
Thanks

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

I'll write in english so that everybody could understand the post.
As of now I'm running 7.9.14, and apart from some minor issues everything works pretty smoothly... I'm waiting for 7.10.12 with excitement though :)
The best rom you could use is xiaomi.eu, I've checked out miui.it but turned out to be kinda bad on Mi 5c... So I'd totally go with xiaomi.eu!
Current MIUI 9 betas have OTA support, and a new update is released every friday. Latest MIUI 8 stable is 8.5.4.0 released on 8th of August, but no more updates will be released for it.
Italian translation is complete on MIUI 8, but still work in progress under MIUI 9 where some strings are still in english. I'd personally go with MIUI 9. Just remember that you'll need to wait 72 hrs before you can actually unlock the bootloader. Also you'll need to switch to 5 bands mode using a hidden engineering app otherwise mobile connection will not work properly.

Last edited:
In this week, my bug report " zooming video on fb and yt" is in progress on china dev rom in mi.com. With lose internet and range after calls its still not fix. Ussd code dont work because its problem with our carriers. They search a problem, but it stil not fix.

In this week, my bug report " zooming video on fb and yt" is in progress on china dev rom in mi.com. With lose internet and range after calls its still not fix. Ussd code dont work because its problem with our carriers. They search a problem, but it stil not fix.
It's not a problem of the carrier. I tried my sim on another xiaomi phone the used worked. It had 4 g no calls drop

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

It's not a problem of the carrier. I tried my sim on another xiaomi phone the used worked. It had 4 g no calls drop

But mi5c its not like another phones Xiaomi, this phone is special to China Mobile and TD-Lte. With Unicom dont work good. They have problems with Unicom on this phone in China too. Comparing it with others phones does not make sense. The phone has a problem with our carriers and its result not working ussd code.
Not support 4G+. Full support only our GSM, after on 5 mode support our wcdma(umts) and 4G - Bands B1/3/7 not support B20.
Its not possible add band in ota update modem.
If You want relly help and want fix problem, do bug report with screens and add modemlog on mi.com in subforum with bugs.
You can also add bugreport except modemlog.
Start modemlog before You have issue with signal etc and stop modemlog after issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe Yours modem crash when You lose signal after call. Do dumb modem and maybe modemlog. And send to me link to files from modemlog and screenshot from popup from dumb modem. You can do this?

Maybe Yours modem crash when You lose signal after call. Do dumb modem and maybe modemlog. And send to me link to files from modemlog and screenshot from popup from dumb modem. You can do this?
I think the call doesn't disconnect when i turn off the sim internet.I am testing it these days and if is not this I will send you whatever you need.

7.10.19...bug you tube and facebook, zoom video and problem with comunication, stop connettivity after few hours

7.10.19...bug you tube and facebook, zoom video and problem with comunication, stop connettivity after few hours
I dont have this issue. Maybe You lose wifi/data mobile connect and all apps not have internet?

With the build 7.10.19 I experience faster battery drain and the video zoom problem too .

Sometimes data transmission seems to go to 0 for 5-20sek while showing almost full 4G reception...

So lately ive been struggling on a 3g data connections.I checked its on a right slot too. My apn settings are fine too.My problem is I cant change my prefered network to wcdma from gsm. Why doesnt it has same setting as other mi phones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-27-01-26-34-203_com.android.phone.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-27-01-26-34-203_com.android.phone.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 301