1.8.12 - infinite boot loop - HTC Desire

AoOs

Members
Jun 1, 2011
After flashing the new ROM, my Desire has been booting for the last hour.

Been using MIUI for 6 months, and I've updated every week.

Cheers,
AoOs

I think I replied to this in the other thread, but............

Redownload the rom and language pack. Reboot into recovery. Connect the phone to the computer and mount the sd card in recovery. Copy the new download of the rom to the sd card. Wipe everything three times (e,g, wipe cache, dalvik, factory data, etc.) Flash thenew rom download file you copied over. That generally fixes it.

(As an alternate, if you have made nandroid backups of previous miui builds, boot into recovery, wipe everything, reload a nandroid backup and get the phone working. Then redownload the rom, boot back into recovery, wipe dalvik and cache and flash the new rom download.)

Good luck, hope that helps!

Thanks mate - I would really like to avoid factory wiping - but I will try to clear the cache and the dalvik a few more times before flashing the ROM again.

I'll report back how it went (right now my phone is making a backup - takes a few minutes).

I've redownloaded the files, wiped cache numerous times and the dalvik cache likewise. --- Still getting the loop.

I'll try to flash the previous ROM - and if that works, I'll wait to next friday to update.

EDIT: Is there an archive where I can find previous releases ?