10.3.1 issue

mariosm1cy

Members
Feb 19, 2018
Hi. I just upgraded from the updatrr from 10.2.3 to 10.3.1 and for some reason my phone got formated and lost all my stuff
Even the data. Anyone faced same issue?

Also here. Upgrading from 10.2.3 resulting lost all data.

Are there any diff between this release and official release, because on xiaomi site version is 10.3.2?

My phone got formatted also. Lost all my apps and photos.
Gladly I have google photo sync enabled, but this still sucks...

This is a lesson to be learned, always backup before upgrading and never update as soon as an update is released, wait for someone elso to update and confirm everything is ok.

I skipped update 10.2, waited for 10.3
But my phone doesn't see the 10.3 download.
Downloaded again on a different computer, from a different site, put the file internal and also on external USB stick to update, but the phone doesn't see the file. Nothing to update.
So I did the same thing with the 10.2 update, that works, did not loose anything.
Do not understand what is wrong with the 10.3 file.

Hey,
for me it is unfortunately not understandable on which way the installation the data is preserved and on which way the data is lost. I am aware that users who have made the update without any problems here probably not necessarily write - but I would be happy about the feedback to find a safer way of updates for me and others. Many Thanks

Looks like it changes partition layout or something, therefore the full wipe is mandatory. I even lose my fingerprint data, so when I restore my twrp backup I can't get in. It also wipes out /sdcard, something that's normally not done during normal wipe. Now I have to extract it from my twrp backup.