11.0.6.0 stable to 20.3.26 beta - is it safe?

rapids

Members
May 26, 2020
Hi!

I want to flash my MI 9T from 11.0.6.0 stable to - 20.3.26 beta using TWRP
My antirollback is "1"

Is it safe? Is this beta version considered as newer and do you think this xiaomi phone has antirollback protection or not?
Thank you

Hello,

To me, it's a weird decision to install an "old" Weekly ROM version over Stable ROM...

Changing branch (Stable <-> Weekly) is NEVER safe, it's recommended to "Format Data" in TWRP if you want to do that. ;)

Check the "Device list" table in MIUI 11 Stable ROMs' thread to know if your device has antirollback protection.

:)

in that table "davinci" model seems to doesnt have (signed as " - ")

My need of downgrading from stable to beta is to have possibility of overclocking screen (have to flash new vendor which doesnt work right now).

in that table "davinci" model seems to doesnt have (signed as " - ")

My need of downgrading from stable to beta is to have possibility of overclocking screen (have to flash new vendor which doesnt work right now).
Yeap, " - " sign means antirollback protection is not enabled.

Should be an "upgrade" anyway.... but your phone will normally NOT boot in system (only in Recovery) after installing 20.3.26 (or even latest) Weekly ROM version over the 11.0.6.0 Stable ROM. ;)

You can fix the boot issue if you install this zip (after installing weekly ROM) => TWRP_DAVINCI_11.0.5.0_Global_ROM_info.zip

EDIT: Do not forget you will NEED to install this zip after each weekly ROM update, until xiaomi.eu dev update fingerprint build & security patch date infos in build.prop file.

:)

Last edited: