New [12.0.1.0] [Raphael] Reboot when setting up fingerprint

FuSan

Members
Nov 25, 2018
Clean flashed K20 pro miui 12.0.1.0 stable rom multiple times. Can't add fingerprint. Short reboots (Not full one. Shows miui logo and turns on) occur each time I try to add the fingerprint. After giving the pattern that is required before fingerprint it takes me to add your fingerprint screen. Most of the time it reboots instantly when I try to add the fingerprint. Sometimes it reboots after 1 and 2 touches in the fingerprint scanner (it doesn't give any sign above that fingerprint was recognizing/saving).

This is not related to the locksettings.db issue. Looks like a low-level issue, nothing I can fix.

Same problem here.
Tried the 12.0.2.0 still no luck..
Edited: Bug still exist on 12.0.3.0

Last edited:
same issue here, cant get the fingerprint setup done. it always bring me to short reboots. hope this issue gets resolve soon

Same here! This is ridiculous! I need to set it off since even the configuration reboot the phone.

Same problem here.
Tried the 12.0.2.0 still no luck..
Edited: Bug still exist on 12.0.3.0
Please help

I have had this problem too, but maybe using an external kernel, fomat data and uploading the rom will fix it. Please try to upload rom china 12, if the fingerprint error still occurs, your device may have a screen replacement, I think

Reactions: Amm2020
I have had this problem too, but maybe using an external kernel, fomat data and uploading the rom will fix it. Please try to upload rom china 12, if the fingerprint error still occurs, your device may have a screen replacement, I think
Yes my screen is replacement,,
But it was working on miui 11.0.6
Now I'm on miui 12
It's not working
What can I do , downgrade to 11 or wait to new version or what please help

Yes my screen is replacement,,
But it was working on miui 11.0.6
Now I'm on miui 12
It's not working
What can I do , downgrade to 11 or wait to new version or what please help
Yes, when the screen is replaced, the fingerprint still works on miui 11 but when updating to miui 12 there will be an error, I have encountered many similar screen replacement devices.
you download any miui11 rom, boot the device into twrp and fomat data, then reboot into twrp, copy the rom file to your device and install ...
sorry for my English not good

Reactions: Poney70
Yes, when the screen is replaced, the fingerprint still works on miui 11 but when updating to miui 12 there will be an error, I have encountered many similar screen replacement devices.
you download any miui11 rom, boot the device into twrp and fomat data, then reboot into twrp, copy the rom file to your device and install ...
sorry for my English not good
You mean we need to downgrade to miui11? I hope the devs can fix the problem soon.

Last edited: