12s ultra Google assistant not working

Wayneth

Members
Jul 16, 2022
Why can't I choose and enable Google assistant?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-16-09-26-33-620_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-16-09-26-33-620_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 264
You need to wait for the Xiaomi EU ROM as the set of cut down google service installed and the lockdown of the Chinese stock ROM may be stoping it from working.
May be a workaround is to remove or disable the gms in the ROM and installing a full set of Google services via the many apps. Don't forget the Chinese can not have Google, hence the cut down version on exported phones as the 12s ultra is not planned for global release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayneth
You need to wait for the Xiaomi EU ROM as the set of cut down google service installed and the lockdown of the Chinese stock ROM may be stoping it from working.
May be a workaround is to remove or disable the gms in the ROM and installing a full set of Google services via the many apps. Don't forget the Chinese can not have Google, hence the cut down version on exported phones as the 12s ultra is not planned for global release.
Thanks, I'll see if they do release an EU rom but I have doubts as the phone isn't a global release

For the release of xiaomi.eu ROM, it is not important whether there will be a Global version.
Xiaomi.eu primarily uses Chinese ROM as a base.

Thanks, I'll see if they do release an EU rom but I have doubts as the phone isn't a global release

He meant EU ROM, which you can download here when the 12S series will hopefully be released someday. Not the global rom from Xiaomi