14 Ultra (global) Issues (no 5G, no HDMI, Terrible Battery with camera)

Update: First I would like to thank all for your help and explanations. So for the first time I was in an area which my 14U showed 5GA, so it does work. My confusion was that my wife’s IPhone showed 5G where mine was on LTE, so the explanations offered were correct regarding differences between 14U and IPhone. Thanks again to all.

Update: First I would like to thank all for your help and explanations. So for the first time I was in an area which my 14U showed 5GA, so it does work. My confusion was that my wife’s IPhone showed 5G where mine was on LTE, so the explanations offered were correct regarding differences between 14U and IPhone. Thanks again to all.
Yeah, it's the price (in addition to the import cost) we (in the US) pay to have a phone not designed for our market). I think it is worth it in order to get the best camera technology. I just wish the battery wasn't so bad

Reactions: Vbydsea
I live in the San diego area and have a Chinese version running EliteRom and have no issues with 5G. I am on T-Mobile.
what is main difference betwean eliterom and xiaomieu... im thinking to try eliterom mainly because battery drain on xiaomieu and alot lag on scrooling. with this phone with 16gigs of ram scrool lag is riddicilous.

what is main difference betwean eliterom and xiaomieu... im thinking to try eliterom mainly because battery drain on xiaomieu and alot lag on scrooling. with this phone with 16gigs of ram scrool lag is riddicilous.
Do you think the battery drain is due to the ROM?
I haven't noticed scrolling issues

Do you think the battery drain is due to the ROM?
I haven't noticed scrolling issues
Yes os make battery drain. I install eliterom pro, its much better battery life, also its much smooth, still lag problem in fb and some other apps but thats apps problems on xiaomi.

Yes os make battery drain. I install eliterom pro, its much better battery life, also its much smooth, still lag problem in fb and some other apps but thats apps problems on xiaomi.
How much better is te battery life?
Do you happen to know the differences between the roms? (other than battery life)?
Especially known issues. For example google pay and android auto are working. Camera works fine.
I don't want to go through the trouble of starting over, installing/reconfiguring all my apps and settings just to find out some important feature is missing
But at this point, I'm willing to try another rom if it improves battery significantly.

Also, there is a large support forum for xiaomi.eu. Is there something similar for Elite?

How much better is te battery life?
Do you happen to know the differences between the roms? (other than battery life)?
Especially known issues. For example google pay and android auto are working. Camera works fine.
I don't want to go through the trouble of starting over, installing/reconfiguring all my apps and settings just to find out some important feature is missing
But at this point, I'm willing to try another rom if it improves battery significantly.

Also, there is a large support forum for xiaomi.eu. Is there something similar for Elite?
Il test it in few days and report back about battery. All things work including backup restore xiaomi. U have a module build in where u can customise many things like navigation icons colors etc etc, also u dont need safetynetfix it has build in, also u get twrp working, camera is stock working ok. Google pay i didnt try because we dont use it here.