1s OTA and one other question

Virtual

Members
Aug 22, 2014
Hello,

Just received my Xiaomi 1s and wanted to see if there is any update.
I tried to access OTA, but when I press the update button it just goes to the launcher home.
Is this a normal feature?

Also, I wanted to install the updated version of the Facebook app, but it said I can't because I have a Facebook app already. How do I remove the pre-install Facebook app?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-22-15-25-57[1].png
    Screenshot_2014-08-22-15-25-57[1].png
    154.7 KB · Views: 300
Exactly the same issue
I have just bought new Redmi Note WCDMA Octa Core 1.7GHz 2GB RAM 8GB Dual Sim 13MP 5.5 Inch IPS Capacitive Touchscreen and here comes one question of significant importance to me.

And the question is – How to updated the operational system based on android 4.2.2.? The update function is not working. There are some build in applications as well as Facebook and the version is from 2012 (version1.8.4.) I cannot bypass it and get the new one from Google store.

I am reconsidering to reset the phone but will that resolve the issue? Shall I be asked to choose which build in applications to bypass?

I had this issue when I brought my phone. I think the rom that was flashed (by your shop) is not fully functional. Reflash a fresh rom, and everything will work again.

I had this issue when I brought my phone. I think the rom that was flashed (by your shop) is not fully functional. Reflash a fresh rom, and everything will work again.

Would you please be so kind to provide details on how to reflash the ROM.
thank you

Of course, just download the latest rom, rename it to update.zip (has to be lower case, take care that Windows does not add an extra .zip at the end) put this file in the root folder of your phone (not the SD card) go into recovery mode by using the menu in the update app or by starting your phone while holding volume up. Choose English using the volume keys, and choose flash update.zip, I would also recommend to make a full wipe if you do not mind loosing all data you put in your phone. After that choose to reboot your phone, and your update menu should work again.