New 20.10.15 Weekly Encryption not functional (despite settings saying so)

fornax

Members
Oct 20, 2020
Hi,
I suppose the release thread was the wrong place for reporting this issue, but sorry for posting twice.

I flashed a factory new Xiaomi Mi Note 10 with the latest 20.10.15 weekly via TWRP zip (with format /data as described in the instructions).

The only issue I encountered so far is that encryption is not functional: I set up a PIN, the device says (in the settings) it is encrypted and the etc/fstab.qcom has this line (which seems to contain the correct option):
Code:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata                  /data                    f2fs    noatime,nosuid,nodev,nodiscard,fsync_mode=nobarrier,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,inlinecrypt                         wait,check,fileencryption=ice,wrappedkey,quota,reservedsize=128M,latemount

TWRP also asks for a decryption password and shows an error, regardless of what I enter.

Thing is, I can access /data in TWRP right away, so it is definitely not encrypted.
I report this as a bug because I consider it dangerous that the settings menu says otherwise.

Anyone else seeing this?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sylar82