21.1.13 Redmi note 8 problems with wi-fi?

alvaes234

Members
Jan 14, 2021
I installed the update via ota and I have problems finding the 5GHz wifi band, when I connect to the 2.4GHz band but it is suddenly disconnected. I should also add that Settings crashes when I enter the sound section.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

None of these problems on my RN8, Wifi is the best I have ever seen it on this build.

Do you recommend doing a clean flash to fix the problem?

Well I am not sure what is the issue exactly, but I can tell you it works on mine since this is the case a clean install might fix whatever went wrong. Make sure you remove SIM during initialization to circumvent the initialization issue from this week's weekly - 21.01.13.

Reactions: alvaes234
hi good day, for the past few updates i cant flash my rom, twrp says operation not permitted. now i cant attemp an update because my previous rom is encrypted

I installed the update via ota and I have problems finding the 5GHz wifi band, when I connect to the 2.4GHz band but it is suddenly disconnected. I should also add that Settings crashes when I enter the sound section.

I am having exactly the same problem, since when I installed version 12.5 android 11 the wifi connection 5ghz simply does not exist and after connecting and restarting the wifi it appears but with an extremely weak signal even though I am 30 centimeters from the router, I was able to solve the problem by installing the zip of the latest android firmware 10.
I would like to know which of the firmware files corresponds to the wifi so I can replace the android 11 firmware zip with the android 10 firmware?

I'm sorry for my English, I'm using Google Translate

Reactions: alvaes234
I am having exactly the same problem, since when I installed version 12.5 android 11 the wifi connection 5ghz simply does not exist and after connecting and restarting the wifi it appears but with an extremely weak signal even though I am 30 centimeters from the router, I was able to solve the problem by installing the zip of the latest android firmware 10.
I would like to know which of the firmware files corresponds to the wifi so I can replace the android 11 firmware zip with the android 10 firmware?

I have not reinstalled the stock firmware, I am waiting for the weekly update to check if this error is fixed. postscript: I'm also using google translate too :).

I had this issue on one of my MI9. On the router I have changed from autocalal on 5GHz to manual canal 36.

Another solution is to configure different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5GHz

Reactions: Poney70

348 / 5000
348 / 5000

I can try to flash this TWRP: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ma34dbgir2hbnvi/twrp_ginkgo-willow_3.4A9_23-12-2020_BL.img/file it served me for the rom 21.1.13 .. azlo cleanly .. already I have 3 days since I installed it and everything has worked excellent so far .. !! I hope it works for you ... I use a translator in case English is bad, sorry