New [6.9.1/2] Bug With Accessibility > Services App Not Staying On

Sixie

Members
Jul 15, 2016
[6.9.1/2] Bug with Accessibility > Services app not Staying ON

Basically you can have applications that uses Accessibility > Services like Lastpass or Keepass2Android and the likes (Password Managers) when you turn these Services ON, they would go OFF again at random times, or when you just Reboot the device, this will go OFF, so you have to constantly turn them ON every time when he application sees the services is turned off.

ROM: 6.9.1/2
Device: Mi5 Pro
Below is a screenshot
Screenshot_2016-09-04-14-51-35-719_com.android.settings.png Screenshot_2016-09-04-14-51-40-872_com.android.settings.png Screenshot_2016-09-04-16-50-32-818_com.lastpass.lpandroid.png

Bare in mind this issue has been ongoing for me for the last 3-4 weekly versions?

In short, the services app doesn't stay permanently ON

[6.9.1/2] Bug with Accessibility > Services app not Staying ON

Basically you can have applications that uses Accessibility > Services like Lastpass or Keepass2Android and the likes (Password Managers) when you turn these Services ON, they would go OFF again at random times, or when you just Reboot the device, this will go OFF, so you have to constantly turn them ON every time when he application sees the services is turned off.

ROM: 6.9.1/2
Device: Mi5 Pro
Below is a screenshot
View attachment 13589 View attachment 13590 View attachment 13591

Bare in mind this issue has been ongoing for me for the last 3-4 weekly versions?

In short, the services app doesn't stay permanently ON
I have had that issue like always in miui. And it continues in miui 8. :(
I'm using dashlane for that same reason.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Looking at things, chances are this is got to do with the MIUI's aggressive Battery policy, in this case, chances are the policy is closing down any background app that is not being used when device is idle, as such it sees the service app as an inactive app on the background and therefore it closes it. which really suck... I think the MIUI's battery profile should be revamped in regards to Services that are turned ON.

If what I said above is the case then this is not a bug, rather an unforeseen conflict with miui's feature
turning it off would probably solve the problem (I havent verified this) as this is just a thought I came up with although im trying it now

Update 5 hours later,
Nope turning off the MIUI Battery management doesnt solve the issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-07-09-59-37-445_com.miui.powerkeeper.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-07-09-59-37-445_com.miui.powerkeeper.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 318
Last edited: