8.8.9 questions

stephenju

Members
Jul 7, 2018
If you have installed the new 8.8.9 release, can you verify if the following functions work?

Does GPS work for more than a couple of hours of phone use?

Does Google Pay with NFC work? ie. Do Safetynet tests pass?

Do Arcore apps like Google Measure work?

Does OK Google hot word bring up the Assistant?

Thanks.

For me:
Does GPS work for more than a couple of hours of phone use? => not sure

Does Google Pay with NFC work? ie. Do Safetynet tests pass? => not sure, if you mean safetyNet Check test in Magisk (it's false in ctsProfile)

Do Arcore apps like Google Measure work? => Yes

Does OK Google hot word bring up the Assistant? => For me No. Maybe their is something I have to do to make it work.

On the global if u want reboot or turn off it don't go off just black screen has to do with those GPS bugs

Thanks with the beta from 2 weeks ago the scrolling was insane fast is that same issue present?

1. GPS still works after 24h

2. Google pay works, look for version from here https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832238342 dedyk upload was failing with cts profile

3.Arcore works

4. EDIT: I have managed to activate assistant by saying ok google, had to change region and language to US (region is set to poland by default), after 2-3 reboots it started responding back

That sounds promising. One more thing: Does Bluetooth turn back on after you turn on Airplane mode and turn off? Some reported that BT stay off even after Airplane mode is off.

1. GPS still works after 24h

2. Google pay works, look for version from here https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832238342 dedyk upload was failing with cts profile

3.Arcore works

4. EDIT: I have managed to activate assistant by saying ok google, had to change region and language to US (region is set to poland by default), after 2-3 reboots it started responding back
For the Ok Google, how did you change the region to US?

Edit: I'm apparently set to China (System). The thing is that the only way I could see this is by typing Region in the search bar of the settings. I can't modify it and Region can't be found in Additional Settings.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: