A2SD on latest MIUI rom

manohar3787

Members
Oct 27, 2011
Hi ,
i have just installed the latest liui rom on my nexus one .
I want to know if A2SD is available for this rom and if it is available how do i install it .
I am a newbie so please specify clearly as to how to get it.

I think a2sd is part of the rom and if you have your sd card set up correctly it should work straight away. Just Google a2sd, there are tons of threads on how to set it up and get it working.

Hi ,
i have just installed the latest liui rom on my nexus one .
I want to know if A2SD is available for this rom and if it is available how do i install it .
I am a newbie so please specify clearly as to how to get it.

There are literally 25 threads on this on this site, use the search feature for more details. That being said......

A2SD+ is based on Dark-Tremor's A2SD and is build into this rom. To use it, your sd card must have an ext3 partition. I generally suggest when you partition it that you set it for 1gb sd-ext3, the rest of the card FAT and no (0) swap.

You can use clockwork mod or amon-ra recovery to partition the card. Make sure you back up your data on the card on your computer first so you don't lose pictures, music, etc., as the partition will reformat the card and you will lost it all.

Wipe your phone, and then flash the rom. Once it boots, relogin to google, and load Terminal Emulator from market. Do not load any of your apps yet. Find your "tools" folder in miui, hit "supersuer" and then menu, setting and turn root permissions on. Now open terminal emulator that you downloaded from market and at the $ prompt type "su" which gives you superuser access. It should return #. Now type (no quotes) "a2sd install". It will flash a bunch of stuff on the screen and then reboot. Now load your apps as usual. The a2sd+ links the phones internal memory with the ext3 partition and it sees it as a seamless expansion of memory.

A last word of caution, A2SD+ is NOT like the Froyo apps2sd where you manually move things. This moves parts of the app into the FAT section of your sd card and will break the a2sd +, so don't manually move them, let the a2sd+ take care of it automagically.

Use the search feature for more specific detail. Good luck!