A2SD+ problem

darkmage1975

Members
Apr 16, 2011
Hi there, I've got a problem with A2SD+. I got an HTC Desire with the latest MIUI rom. A 4Gb SD card partitioned to use 1Gb dedicated to A2SD+. The problem is that even if in settings I can see there are 850Mb free for A2SD+, Android says the space for apps is over. In app details I can see there are only 135Mb dedicated to store apps and that only 13Mb are free. More than this I can say all the apps are in the phone, no one was moved to SD. Could someone help me? Thank you in advance.

Hi there. Thank you for the hint! I tried and now the "low memory" message has gone. But the strange is that A2SD+ free space is now 768Mb, but again when I go in "manage apps" i see there are only 116Mb free of internal storage. So what is the difference between A2SD+ memory and internal memory? Thank you.

The A2SD+ space will have gone down after you entered the commands. The reason that there is only 116Mb left is that you are not actually saving apps to the partition of your memory card. Data2sd is not actually working on the ROM - if it was you could save your apps to the ext partition of your sd card (as the partition is formatted as ext it tricks the phone into thinking its internal memory). On this ROM the only option is to move the Dalvik cache (which takes up internal memory) to the ext partition on the sd card - this then leaves space free internally for you to save apps. So if you had 1Gb ext partition, it doesnt mean you would have 1Gb to save apps - you have around 200Mb (I think) which is the space the Dalvik cache was taking up.

Hi there. Thank you for the hint! I tried and now the "low memory" message has gone. But the strange is that A2SD+ free space is now 768Mb, but again when I go in "manage apps" i see there are only 116Mb free of internal storage. So what is the difference between A2SD+ memory and internal memory? Thank you.

Thank you! So you think this is a limit of the MIUI ROM I installed? Or there's something that went wrong in the SD partitioning? In other words: there's something I can do to use 1Gb for apps in my Desire with MIUI ROM? Thank you again!!

It's an error in the ROM

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miuiandroid.com forum app