About Latest 7.6.8

Valeriuz

Members
Jan 6, 2017
Hi guys,
Actually I'm on latest xiaomi.eu stable, 8.5.2.

To install latest developer based in Nougat, version 7.6.8, is a full wipe required (include wipe system)?
Or wipe data is enough?

Has anyone tried this rom?

Hi,
I've updated today, and it's as simple as putting the rom file in the phone and then do the update based on that file.
You don't need to wipe any data, it will be just a version update.

Hi,
I've updated today, and it's as simple as putting the rom file in the phone and then do the update based on that file.
You don't need to wipe any data, it will be just a version update.

Now I'm on latest eu stable, so I can't do the System update, I have to update through the TWRP.

i'm on 7.4.27 / android 6.0.1
any special treatment to flash from twrp?
did you find any bug so far? thanks in advance

I was on 8.5.2.0 global and I simply dirty flashed the latest weekly 7.6.8 :) No problems so far.

EDIT: After the first day of usage I can say that Doze works great. I did not lose more than 1% juice overnight. Phone is fast, I haven't noticed any FCs, so far so good :D

Last edited:
Reactions: PTalx
I didn´t make a full wipe; all is running well. But the device is now a little slower. I tested with antutu, around 130.000 in two tests.

I was on 8.5.2.0 global and I simply dirty flashed the latest weekly 7.6.8 :) No problems so far.

EDIT: After the first day of usage I can say that Doze works great. I did not lose more than 1% juice overnight. Phone is fast, I haven't noticed any FCs, so far so good :D
How about sot? Comparing to your previous Rom?

Cheers

Last edited:
How about the SOT guys? Im currently on stable 8.5.2.0 and planning to flash to 7.6.8 (nougat). Thanks. Im not yet satisfied on the battery life of this rom so im planning to flash the latest 7.6.8.

Hi...can i hide the caroussel at the Lockscreen?? I dont like see the flower Symbol...can i delete it??

Flashed, coming from 8.5.2 Eu, just do first a factory reset and then flash the rom.

Until now, everything works flawlessly, flashed supersu SR3, after a couple of days we'll be able to talk about the battery.

The only bug I've found until now are about the notifications, the same of Mi5 Nougat roms, they are repeated two times...

EDIT: Automatic brightness is buggy

Ive got a question about firmware. Does the latest firmware get automatically flashed with the ROM if I am flashing via TWRP? Or should I manually flash the firmware via fastboot? How can I check if I am using the latest firmware right now? Is there a radio version I can look up?

Ive got a question about firmware. Does the latest firmware get automatically flashed with the ROM if I am flashing via TWRP? Or should I manually flash the firmware via fastboot? How can I check if I am using the latest firmware right now? Is there a radio version I can look up?

Yes, the firmware is automatically flashed.

You only have to flash a firmware separately when you flash a custom rom.

Reactions: Marto2cats
How about the SOT guys? Im currently on stable 8.5.2.0 and planning to flash to 7.6.8 (nougat). Thanks. Im not yet satisfied on the battery life of this rom so im planning to flash the latest 7.6.8.

I'm, unfortunately, having worse battery life after updating to the new Dev from 8.5.2.

I'm, unfortunately, having worse battery life after updating to the new Dev from 8.5.2.

Battery life is OK, but I haven't had the Mi 5s on original/stable ROM for long enough in order to compare. For me personally the Android System battery drain is back. I've cleared the data of Google play services , but not sure if the drain doesn't come back, because I cleared that yesterday when I noticed it the first time. Of course it could be there because I've dirty flashed the ROM via TWRP.

Hi...can i hide the caroussel at the Lockscreen?? I dont like see the flower Symbol...can i delete it??

On 7.6.8? I wanted to activate it, but icon is missing on the locklscreen.. Flashed 7.6.8 after wiping data/cache/dalvik..

Better wait a little more to install Nougat update.

After a day of use, I've flashed back the Global Beta 7.5.25, smoothest rom until now and very stable.