About system 1/ system 2

Jun 17, 2014
I understand mi 3 has two partitions for the system with two times the rom installed.
What I want to know: If for example system 1 doesn't boot up anymore, and I
take system 2 to boot up, will system 1 will be repaired from within the system itself,
or do you have to install a new rom again yourself on this system to repair it?

Yes you can switch systems from recovery, and no it won't be repaired by itself. You need to install rom again from Updater.

I have the last multilanguage rom instaled on system 1 and I want to install the stable version on system 2 but I don't know how to do that. I need some help please.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

You don't. Two systems are not for having 2 separate systems.

Wysłane z MI3

What for then? Not even on Mi2s? Because I understood that is posible to have dual boot.

Yes if you have CWM recovery.
If you have stock recovery and use phone as intended to then second system is used to install updates. Nothing more.

But if you want to use 2 separate systems then you need to have CWM recovery. Mi3 also has CWM.

Wysłane z MI3

So it is posible to have 2 sistems instaled on Mi3. Thanks you for your answers.

Yes. I just meant it's not a stock option.

Wysłane z MI3

Thank you for answering.
I reinstalled the rom on system 1 in recovery.
I was used to work with cwm, and because cwm is available for mi 3 too, I like to know if that
will bring more problems when installing cwm on my mi3. I read already with installing full rom you have to reinstall cwm each time because the mi recovery will be replaced again.
Perhaps I have to see if this mi recovery is ok, but I like to make a nandroid backup too, and making the backup from inside miui is something else as keeping your full install rom with programs settings and all included on your SD with a nandroid backup.

To avoid updates overwrite CWM i think it's better to install their zips from CMW itself, it should ask you if you want recovery to be overwritten or not.
I haven't tried True Dual Boot, of course it's not natively implemented (it's a custom mod over the original filesystem structure), so get as many info as you can and be sure of what you do.