Absolutely impossible to unlock MiPad4 - tested every tutorial the last 5 days - really need help.

bUll1t_M3

Members
Mar 14, 2016
Hi guys, after 3 days of testing and testing to unlock my Mi Pad 4 i really have to ask what else i could do.

First what i did till now:

1. got my Mi Pad 4
2. Started it and got an update (i am now on version MIUI 10.1 Stable 10.1.1.0 (ODJCNFI)
3. tested it and because of problems with the GAPPS i wanted to unlock the device.

My account (i have a mi max 2 locked, Pocophone locked and Mi Pad 4) is verified already ( month ago - but i never unlocked a device).
I did not get a message which says you have to wait for xxx hours.

I tested on Win 10 home, Win 10 pro, Win 7 home, Win 7 ultimate.
I tested 13 different cables and overall i tried to unlock the device i think 743563475 times.

I followed every single tutorial i found. i enabled fastboot, USB debugging, OEM unlocking and added my account and device successfull.

My problems are: Most of the time when i am in fastboot and i plug the cable in the mi pads display turns black and it says 'press any key to turn off'
After trying to connect the fastboot Mi Pad 4 to my PC (no matter Win 10 or Win 7 ) after testing 10x or so it works.

Then in the Xiaomi unlocking tool my account gets verified if I have the rights. then it says unlocking ....

Sometimes it stucks at 50% and it says couldnt unlock, sometimes it stucks at 99% and it says couldnt verify the device.
I reseted the device. i tried everything.

i tested all sorts of drivers, i did really everything. When i try to use the command line and type in 'fastboot devices' only '?????? ' appears.

Month and years ago i unlocked 20 or more android devices (mostly LG or Sony) and i worked all the time. But now the Mi Pad 4 is my endboss i dont now what to do.

(i changed my PC so there are no old drivers from LG or sony on my PC)

In short:
i tested Win 7 and 10
i tested many cables
i reseted the device
i tested with and without windows in testmode
i tested with Mi unlock 3.3.827.31

I hope somebody can help me. thanks for every hint and help

There must be related to you pc drivers,,well i managed to unlock my mi pad 4 plus 10inch lte just using mi unlock.

1.adb reboot bootloader
2.connect my phone to mi unlock and start veryfing and unlocking.
3.now unlock successfully.

Luckily im running eu rom for now.

In you case.mybe your fastboot been broke...you need to flash back fastboot rom .

My problems are: Most of the time when i am in fastboot and i plug the cable in the mi pads display turns black and it says 'press any key to turn off'
After trying to connect the fastboot Mi Pad 4 to my PC (no matter Win 10 or Win 7 ) after testing 10x or so it works.
First sounds like USB 3 problem.

Use Win 7 and USB 2.0 port.

http://api.en.miui.com/url/MiFlashTool

Install MiFlash first, it installs all drivers. After "fasboot devices" return serial number you can unlock.

The problem that the device does not stay in fastboot mode is a well-known USB3 problem. You must use USB2, which is easiest done with a check USB hub between the computer and the phone.

And, of course, there may be a waiting time of up to 720 hours (four weeks) before you can unlock the bootloader. If it applies to you, there is no way to unlock it earlier - every attempt will fail (it might not even tell you that there is a waiting time, but usually it does).

Hello friends,
Now I have a question, which makes me crazy:
I have installed Miui 10.3 9.2.4 (weekly update) on my device and then got 2 OTA updates so I am now on MIUI 10.3 9.3.7.
Since then, this has happened to me twice, that is, when I restart the device, the device remains on the lock screen and I can not log in.
Everything is possible (use of camera etc. on lock screen) but the screen does not respond to my command to specify pattern or password, that is it does not come at all points for pattern or numbers to show password.
Many times restart did not help either, so I had to delete everything via TWRP (wipe) and then restart Android and I have to trouble fully reinstall everything (apps, etc.)
It's weird and I do not know what to do anymore.
Therefore, please for your advice.

many Greetings

i can confirm that (after experiencing exactly the same problems as in the 1st post) i swapped usb ports and downgraded to usb2 (or even 1) and it solved the problem. i actually used and old usb port splitter (still with WIN 10). fortunately i received my device unlocked