After boot in "SAFE MODE" and restart the CONTACTS and CALENDAR information still missing

Birraque

Members
Nov 12, 2018
I would like to count with you to troubleshoot this.
Yesterday I accidentally booted my Poco F3 (Weekly - 22.6.15) in Safe Mode and even after reboot it into normal mode the stock Contacts and Calendar apps information still missing. I'm using GMail App as EMail Client (Exchange) and all my Contacts and Calendar appointments was syncing fine before the boot at Safe Mode.
I noticed that even after restart in normal mode the shortcuts of non-stock MIUI EU apps had been deleted from the Home Screen as well the wallpaper and all sync was disabled. Never imagined the Safe Mode could do this mess in my device.
When searching on Google I found that this is a issue that occurs in many Android devices after Safe Mode and that to recover the functionalities back it is necessary to manually reconfigure the shortcuts and wallpaper as well reactivate the synchronization of all applications through Settings \ Accounts and Sync <ENABLE All Sync>. I did it for all apps and everything seems to be working except my EMail (Exchange) that even showing sync success still missing the Contacts and the Calendar appointments. Send and Receive emails still work fine.
Could anyone with Safe Mode knowledge tell me how to fix this and recover the full Exchange sync without having to reset and setup the email account again? Is there any setup or step that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your inputs, regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-21-13-28-43-637-edit_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-21-13-28-43-637-edit_com.android.settings.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20220621_144203.jpg
    IMG_20220621_144203.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20220621_152633.jpg
    IMG_20220621_152633.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 146
download xiaomi remove bloatware tools , conect phones in fastboot mode and see what is missimg and restore

Reactions: Birraque
You will have a similar situation if you turn on Super Battery Saver. :emoji_grin:
Yes I knew that but unfortunately it's not my case. Anyway I double checked before replying. :emoji_joy:

Attachments

• IMG_20220621_155101.jpg
    IMG_20220621_155101.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 149
download xiaomi remove bloatware tools , conect phones in fastboot mode and see what is missimg and restore
After some troubleshoot I believe that the problem is in the GMail App. Contacts are not available even when composing a new email to...
So unless anyone knows why SAFE MODE made this mess on my device and how to undo it my last option will be to remove the account and clear the GMail cache before setting it up again.
But I don't know that app you recommended. Where can I find it?

EDITED: Fixed issue after wipe email account, clear GMail App cache, restarting and installing email (Exchange) again.

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne