MIUI 12.5.3 - Microsoft Contacts not found!

Camooow

Members
Apr 24, 2023
Dear Humans,

I have a good old Redmi Note 7, running the OS 12.5.3.
Since 2 weeks, I have not been able to see my contacts names in the integrated Contacts & Dialer and Messaging Apps. I also use the Outlook App for e-mails and calendar, where the contacts all appear ok.
When having a look at the "Accounts & Sync" section in the settings of my phone, only the OneDrive and the Office accounts appear, so not the Outlook one.
When I try to add a new Outlook acount, the phone tells me that the email address is already conntected with Outlook, and then offers me to connect it with another service (Office 365, Exchange, other email providers, or IMAP and POP3).

I have already contacted Microsoft who told me that my Microsoft account was ok on their side.

Any insight from a knowledgeable mind?

Thanks a lot for your time and have a great one!

Reactions: Jackson456
Dear Humans,

I have a good old Redmi Note 7, running the OS 12.5.3.
Since 2 weeks, I have not been able to see my contacts names in the integrated Contacts & Dialer and Messaging Apps. I also use the Outlook App for e-mails and calendar, where the contacts all appear ok.
When having a look at the "Accounts & Sync" section in the settings of my phone, only the OneDrive and the Office accounts appear, so not the Outlook one.
When I try to add a new Outlook acount, the phone tells me that the email address is already conntected with Outlook, and then offers me to connect it with another service (Office 365, Exchange, other email providers, or IMAP and POP3).

I have already contacted Microsoft who told me that my Microsoft account was ok on their side.

Any insight from a knowledgeable mind?

Thanks a lot for your time and have a great one!
(see screenshot)
What does that show for you?

Also,
The Office account (in Accounts & Sync) should include Outlook sync as well shouldn't it ?
Is it enabled there ?

You might want to try to remove your Office account and add it back again and see.

Or remove your Office account and add Outlook account.

Was this done as well ?
2d26cb13081de71e8c51f1383572cbdd.jpg
d5376bbab7f99199e9dbdabd68273127.jpg

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Hi kcorrea1,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I think somehow I just fixed it:

In my version of the screenshot, the Outlook account was not appearing. After that, while having a look at my Contacts in the Outlook App and trying to edit them, I saw I could sync them with my Android account, which I did. After a bit more fiddling around, my Microsoft contacts are finally visible again in the integrated Contacts App!

Thanks again for the effort, you have definitely unlocked something from a distance.

Cheers!!

Hi kcorrea1,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I think somehow I just fixed it:

In my version of the screenshot, the Outlook account was not appearing. After that, while having a look at my Contacts in the Outlook App and trying to edit them, I saw I could sync them with my Android account, which I did. After a bit more fiddling around, my Microsoft contacts are finally visible again in the integrated Contacts App!

Thanks again for the effort, you have definitely unlocked something from a distance.

Cheers!!
Glad it worked out.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)