Android 10 for 8T

german_psycho

Members
Apr 14, 2017
Does anyone know if there will be an update to Android 10 for the 8T?
I know that it will get MIUI12, but couldn't find any info on Android 10.

I fear that the support will be dropped soon, when it gets no update to Android 10.
If I look at the list of supported Android 9 devices, the selection becomes smaller and smaller every week..

Where have you seen confirmed info about miui 12 for note 8t? I'm little pissed about poor updates for willow. Note 7 is more updated than this phone.

Reactions: Quizich
Where have you seen confirmed info about miui 12 for note 8t? I'm little pissed about poor updates for willow. Note 7 is more updated than this phone.

But unfortunately I doubt that Xiaomi.eu will bring a weekly for Willow.
The support for this device is really poor, yeah. Should have sticked with my RN5..

8t is only EEA/Global so we aren't getting china weekly updates. It's not xiaomi.eu fault, just wait for update from xiaomi. I bet that we will get android 10 and miui 12 in one update soon

Reactions: german_psycho
8t is only EEA/Global so we aren't getting china weekly updates. It's not xiaomi.eu fault, just wait for update from xiaomi. I bet that we will get android 10 and miui 12 in one update soon

3 months later and still nothing for Note 8T (which I bought specifically because it was the best device with NFC within my budget). I really feel that me buying that phone wasn't one of my best ideas...

But, to be fair, Xiaomi.eu people have done their absolute best for this device with their debloated/optimised 11.0.4.0 MIUI11/Pie ROM. I'm using it and it works great.

I just feel left out by the big HQ guys. I mean, Note 8 is in the MIUI12 beta program while Note 8T isn't - and the only difference is NFC !
Go figure...

Last edited:
Reactions: Emo Filev
3 months later and still nothing for Note 8T (which I bought specifically because it was the best device with NFC within my budget). I really feel that me buying that phone wasn't one of my best ideas...

But, to be fair, Xiaomi.eu people have done their absolute best for this device with their debloated/optimised 11.0.4.0 MIUI11/Pie ROM. I'm using it and it works great.

I just feel left out by the big HQ guys. I mean, Note 8 is in the MIUI12 beta program while Note 8T isn't - and the only difference is NFC !
Go figure...
You absolutely right! And 11.0.4.0 work so good for me too!

There are a few Android 10 custom ROMs for RN8T. So, I'm wondering if it is really Xiaomi's fault...

There are a few Android 10 custom ROMs for RN8T. So, I'm wondering if it is really Xiaomi's fault...

I honestly don't think there's to much more to work on nor that the work on Note 8T is much more challenging than on any other Xiaomi Snapdragon SoC based phone with NFC capabilities.

And about custom ROM's for the Note 8T, take a peek here and you'll see that most popular builds have their Note 8/8T ROM available.

Therefore, I strongly believe that absence of any work with Note 8T is entirely Xiaomi's doing. I'm just guessing here, but it seems they made a conscious choice to disregard this model because it's limited (if any) presence in domestic market.
If that's the case, I'm really discouraged by lack of effort and willingness on Xiaomi's part.

I mean, the difference is just the NFC functionality. And with so many models having a same functionality already ported to Android 10.. well, you do your own conclusions.

Yeah, I am absolutely disappointed by Xiaomi. This is my fourth RN device since RN2.
Since years I've been satisfied with the support for the device - by Xiaomi itself and Xiaomi.eu.

The support for the RN8T just.. sucks! Definetly a bad purchase.
So, for the next phone I sure will look outside of the box and see what other manufactureres have to offer.. You can have phone with near-to-zero support and good specs for less money, e.g. UmiDigi, etc.