Android 5.0Lollipop

Really? Is THAT Xiaomi which still updates Mi1s with MIUI v5? That Xiaomi which still updates it's 3 years old Mi2 with 4.4.4 Android? That Xiaomi which updated MI3 from 4.3 to 4.4 and announced updates for 5.0 by the end of Q1 2015?

Yes it's Xiaomi.

Wysłane z MI4

That Xiaomi which still updates it's 3 years old Mi2 with 4.4.4 Android?

You mean Ivan's and M1cha's work to get KK working? I know, that Ivan is Xiaomi dev, but he did it in his free time, until Xiaomi realized, that it could be easiest way to make "Special Edition" with him to shut up angry users.

P.S.: About LP announcement, Xiaomi already promised a lot, reality was often different or heavily delayed.

Reactions: erlkönig
Bullshit. You have 4.4.4 based MIUI from Xiaomi right? Then what's wrong with that? What Micha has to do with that at all? He managed aosp builds, not MIUI. And there will be 4.1 v6 someday so there will be a a choice for users. Again.

If you love android numbers you should have Nexus. Android number is not important for MIUI 6.

Wysłane z MI4

Mi2 has V5 KK and V6 KK (Special Edition) based on Ivan's kernel. Ivan's kernel has some key features from M1cha's kernel. Xiaomi announced, that official V6 will be 4.1 based with backported bluetooth drivers to maintain MiBand compatibility and will come by end of this year.

Acid, cool down. There is no official 4.4.4 version for Mi2s. If there was, it would be for download via official pages. These are works by community members, not by Xiaomi. No point to argue.

I have Xiaomi with the only available official and stable version and that's based on Android 4.1.1., ie miui5! Miui6 is still beta! If you think otherwise point me to a official Xiaomi page where there are official and stable versions available to download... I don not think you will.

There has not been a single serious update for Miui5, since mi4 is out. Even though we can use new updates, there is actually nothing new for mi2s users, so do not tell us about everyweek updates and Xiaomi support. It's almost nonexistant. When I see a true upgrade available for update, then I believe you. Unfortunately we can't update/ flash "a promise" on our phones.

What?? You can download v6 for Mi2 and Mi2A from official miui pages without problem. Those devices also get daily beta release. What's wrong with that? And what's wrong with that you don't have updates for v5? V5 has ended, why would you want to have v5 updates? Does Windows 7 gets regular updates with new features when MS already have Windows 8 and 10?

You should be happy that 3 years old phone still receives regular updates. Every week! 3 years.
And even got 4.4 updates. You should respect that.

Wysłane z MI4

Reactions: merlin699
What?? You can download v6 for Mi2 and Mi2A from official miui pages without problem.

It's like talking to a chimpanzee. It (beta miui6) may be fully functional for some but there is a reason it still doesn't have a status stable. Because it hasn't been properly tested and may still contain serious bugs.

I wouldn't mind not getting an update every week, if we got at least security fixes. This is important! But an update like this hasn't come yet, instead we should be overjoyed with a color change in calendar et cetera. That's what you call perfect support, right?

Last edited:
What? Every MIUI V5 version from this site and every friday you have ARE beta versions. Also... You have no idea what are you talking about. Stable is just a version based on beta (Friday) versions. There's nothing special in this versions.

MIUI 6 is for cancro device and for those you have "stable" which is just older dev version. Mi2 v6 stable is and will not be something that users should wait for. In early system development every beta version (MIUI Friday) will be better than so called stable.

ALSO and this is the most important: stable versions are for production devices as factory systems. MI4 is going to be sold with MIUI 6 that's why it has stable.

Does Xiaomi sells Mi2?

Wysłane z MI4

Well it seems, that this debate going to be loong... We have completely different option, so it would ended in useless fight. And I have better things to do, than this. Acid, I wish you to withstand the enthusiasm for Xiaomi. Mine already passed away.

Well I just explained how wrong most people are regarding stable versions (factory versions for production devices) and that they have the most supported Xiaomi device ever (excluding Mi1...). And they should respect that because here's no other smartphone maker who does that. Mi2 received more updates and features during 3 years than any other device. And it's been still updated.

Wysłane z MI4

Reactions: sjr698
I wasn't arguing about beta, alfa, dev, stable... version. I just pointed out, that V5 KK and V6 SE came from Ivan and is(V5 was) maintained by Ivan. And it's based on Ivan's and M1cha's kernels, so all credits for that roms goes to them and not to Xiaomi. I'm really interested if Xiaomi going to fulfill a promise to release official dev version during this month as they announced before. But enough from me, agree or not. There are lot of information about this hot topic, everyone can make own opinion.