Android Auto connection with Mi 10 Lite

jave808

Members
Dec 4, 2020
Hi from Australia!

Recently bought a 5G Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite phone. Not bad, but I'm having some connection issues when trying to connect the phone to the headunit in my car through Android Auto.

I plug my phone into the headunit using a USB cable. Android Auto starts and I can use Google Maps, but it won't start up Spotify on my phone to play music. My Oppo phone used to be able to do this.

Also, I can't get a wireless connection going. I try to connect to the headunit wifi but I keep getting a bad password error. The ONLY phone that I could connect wirelessly was a Google Pixel 3. If you want pure Google, get a Pixel.

Headunit is a JVC model. Nothing really flash, plays my music and does the job. Thanks for reading.

Update: I can connect to Android Auto wirelessly - I used this guide here - https://www.xda-developers.com/wireless-android-auto-any-android-phone/

Read here also -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Okay, so now I can connect wirelessly, BUT my phone - Mi 10 Lite 5G doesn't let Spotify go and fetch data over the cellular network. The network is there as I can take/make calls. When the phone connects wirelessly to my JVC headunit, the connection thinks that the internet comes from the wireless connection!

Is there a setting on the phone to force internet to get data from the cellular network?

Update: My Xiaomi phone now works wirelessly with AA and Spotify. Last night phone updated to Android 11 (MIUI Global 12.1.2 Stable).