New Android Auto problems

Thunder43

Members
Dec 5, 2018
I can connect to the car as normal. I have assigned all rights, have configured autostart and power save mode correctly. But I have very big problems playing music. I usually have to press Play up to 8 times before a track is played (Google Play Music). Otherwise the tracks are only played for half a second and then stop again. If I manage to finally play one song and the next one wants to start, the same problem occurs again.

The second problem is Amazon Music or TuneIn Radio. If I want to open it as a music source, I always get an error message.

Whatsapp messages only arrive in Android Auto when I leave the app locked in memory on the smartphone (Mi Mix 2).

For me these problems are new. I have only used the Global Developer so far and have never had such problems. There everything always ran out of the box without any problems.

I've now figured out how to get everything up and running:

1st error: Whatsapp messages do not appear.
Solution: Whatsapp must be locked against closing in the task manager.

2nd error: Google Play music tracks stop playing after 0.5 seconds.
Solution: Switch off Bluetooth Media Connection to car (contacts and hands free can remain activated).

3rd error: 3rd party apps like Amazon Music or TuneIn Radio do not start in car unit.
Solution: Apps must be locked against closing in the task manager.

Error 4: Day/night mode is not passed on to the car.
Solution: First start Android Auto on the smartphone and then connect the smartphone to the car.

Reactions: nonoperez