Anti-rollback explanation? Mi Max 3

frcraig

Members
Jun 26, 2018
The CN site posted this "Important Notice" to Mi Max 3 users this week, but I don't understand its meaning (maybe Google translate Chinese - English itself is confusing)? Will I still be able to flash the eu.xiaomi ROM on this phone if I update as per the notice? Thanks for any advice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

In order to maintain system stability and ensure the safety of the equipment, the recent Xiaomi Max 3 introduced an anti-brushback mechanism. MIUI domestic development version 8.8.17 and above and stable version V9.6.12.0 and above, will not be able to downgrade the old version of the development version or stable version.

If you have updated your phone to version 8.8.17 and above, or stable version V9.6.12.0 and above, please don't try to downgrade and brush back the old version, which will cause the phone to brick!

Development version:
1. 8.8.17 and above, can not brush back 8.8.17 and previous versions (card brush / line brush are not supported)
2. 8.8.17 and later versions can be brushed each other, but can not brush Back to 8.8.17 or earlier (card brush/line brush are not supported)
3. 8.8.17 versions can still be brushed together.

Reactions: cobben
It's the same with redmi note 5 pro.
No downgrade or u will brick the device.
If you do so you need to ask in en.miui for special permission on you mi account for edl mode.
Just look in the forum and XDA.
Kind regards

Last edited: