AntiRollBack question

carlo.esposito

Members
Sep 24, 2018
Hi, my Mi 8 runs xiaomi.eu 8.9.24 Pie rom. I want to downgrade using fastboot to Global Stable Miui 9 that is Oreo.
Then I run "fastboot getvar" and the results is "Anti:1". What does it man? Some users says that it's ok to downgrade cause the ARB protection is not enable but I'm not sure.
So can I downgrade?
Thank you

I downgraded from miui.eu 8.9.24 PIE, to MIUI 10.0.2.0 overall using MIFLASH without problems. Where did you find ROM MIUI 9 for fastboot?

[QUOTE = "carlo.esposito, post: 448625, membro: 209317"] Aqui está o link oficial do bigota para fazer o download
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V9.5.13.0....FA_20180714.0000.00_8.1_global_819f729f1b.tgz
Aqui está a fonte
https://www.xda-developers.com/miui-9-global-rom-available-xiaomi-mi-8/

Obrigado! :)[/CITAR]
Tenha cuidado ao usar MIFLASH para evitar o bloqueio do carregador de inicialização com uma versão diferente da que o dispositivo suporta.

Se você retornar ao MIUI 9, por favor me dê um retorno. Eu quero voltar também.

[QUOTE = "carlo.esposito, post: 448625, membro: 209317"] Aqui está o link oficial do bigota para fazer o download
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V9.5.13.0....FA_20180714.0000.00_8.1_global_819f729f1b.tgz
Aqui está a fonte
https://www.xda-developers.com/miui-9-global-rom-available-xiaomi-mi-8/

Obrigado! :)[/CITAR]
Be careful when using MIFLASH to avoid blocking the bootloader with a different version than your device supports.

If you return to MIUI 9, please give me a return. I want to go back too.

Reactions: carlo.esposito
Done, very simply
9.8.24 Pie -> Fastboot MIUI 9.5.13.0 Oreo -> xiaomi.eu 8.8.30

Check always "fastboot getvar anti", but if you're still on Oreo there wouldn't be problem

Done, very simply
9.8.24 Pie -> Fastboot MIUI 9.5.13.0 Oreo -> xiaomi.eu 8.8.30

Check always "fastboot getvar anti", but if you're still on Oreo there wouldn't be problem

Very good, used MIFLASH or just the extracted ROM file and flash.all. I still come back today to MIUI 9. MIUI 10 is still problematic.

Mi Flash bro, now it works like a charm
So you can confirm that "fastboot getvar anti" with result "anti:1" means that ARB is not activated? There are so many different meanings that I need one who had the same result as I have. I´m also on 8.9.24. Thanks in advance.

So you can confirm that "fastboot getvar anti" with result "anti:1" means that ARB is not activated? There are so many different meanings that I need one who had the same result as I have. I´m also on 8.9.24. Thanks in advance.

Sure, Anti:1 means that ARB is not activated so you can downgrade. I tested it myself

The question is, if I downgrade with this ROM MIUI 9 9.5.13, will I get an OTA update for 9.6.7 or will I get direct to MIUI10 again?

how about getvar:anti FAILED (remote: GetVar Variable Not found)? i check in fastboot then i get this Getvar..

how about getvar:anti FAILED (remote: GetVar Variable Not found)? i check in fastboot then i get this Getvar..
there is no ARB, I have the same as you. I came back from version 8.9.24 to stable global MIUI10 8.1 via MIFLASH. The maximum ARB in mi8 is ARB 1, so there are no problems.

Reactions: biboy25
there is no ARB, I have the same as you. I came back from version 8.9.24 to stable global MIUI10 8.1 via MIFLASH. The maximum ARB in mi8 is ARB 1, so there are no problems.

Hello i have the same message.....im on lestest xiaomi.eu and i want to downgrade but i have a chinese version.
Can I use a an oreo chinese fastboot rom ?

Hello i have the same message.....im on lestest xiaomi.eu and i want to downgrade but i have a chinese version.
Can I use a an oreo chinese fastboot rom ?

I have global version in Chinese version should work the same way if ARB is not present.

Reactions: biboy25
You can downgrade without problems
My Mi 8 Pro is ARB=1
Can I downgrade from Global 10.2.2.0 Pie to Global 9.6.5 Oreo?
Have I to unlock bootloader? Or can I do this directly with fastboot? Or with MiFlashTool?
I don't want brick my phone... :rolleyes:
Thanks for all advices.