Anyone Switched To Lineageos 14.1?

_Sal_

Members
Oct 20, 2016
I'm thinking on switching to lineageos 14.1 because i'm tired on not being able to use "ok google" and "google assistant". Did anyone already move? How is it?

I'm thinking on switching to lineageos 14.1 because i'm tired on not being able to use "ok google" and "google assistant". Did anyone already move? How is it?
You'll get bored of Google Assistant eventually. Not enough of a motive to switch.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

You'll get bored of Google Assistant eventually. Not enough of a motive to switch.

Using "ok google" while driving to call and for maps or, when at home, as a google home device ,is very useful for me. Know at what time a football match starts and on what channel simply by asking, has no price.
I'm not one of those dudes that use their smartphones only for whatsapp and facebook (i don't even have them installed)

Using "ok google" while driving to call and for maps or, when at home, as a google home device ,is very useful for me. Know at what time a football match starts and on what channel simply by asking, has no price.
I'm not one of those dudes that use their smartphones only for whatsapp and facebook (i don't even have them installed)
Then I suggest you go with RR 5.8.3. And stock pack gapps. It works great.

Then I suggest you go with RR 5.8.3. And stock pack gapps. It works great.

I tried Resurrection remix many times on my S3. Its full of bugs. Thats why i always went for cyanogenmod, now lineageos.

The best solution would be to finally get these new google toys running on miui. The programmers just keep on changing miui apps for stupid optimizations or fixes for minor problems, like the last update, optimization for home screen and 2 fixes in the weather app.

I tried Resurrection remix many times on my S3. Its full of bugs. Thats why i always went for cyanogenmod, now lineageos.

The best solution would be to finally get these new google toys running on miui. The programmers just keep on changing miui apps for stupid optimizations or fixes for minor problems, like the last update, optimization for home screen and 2 fixes in the weather app.
Have you tried it lately, in the last couple of months?

Have you tried it lately, in the last couple of months?

No, but i know how it usually goes. They make one update right and the following three or four with problems. Can't stay after them.
I have lineageOS on S3, and it goes smooth as MIUI. I would prefer keeping MIUI on my MI4c, but if this antipathy with google apps continues, i have to find a solution.

I've been on RR since March and I can say it's better than miui overall.

There is no lineageos for Mi4C... and I suppose that it will be not.

Me, but many things i didn't like with Lineage 14.1 force me to switch back to xiaomi.eu.. not smooth after installing many app, camera was not good, overheat, etc
I suggest you to use latest RR, RR is better than Lineage..

Lineage OS 14.1 is already official for Mi 4c and TS has their own 14.1 as well. Both works well with Google Assistant as long as you use at least opengapps nano package.

Reactions: _Sal_