AOD auto off

TheosKratos

Members
Dec 12, 2015
Before i installed xiaomi.eu rom, i was on the official global stable rom. And in that rom, when light conditions were low, or when the phone was in the pocket, AOD turned off automatically. On xiaomi.eu this doesn't happen, and i can only see the option to turn AOD off based on the battery saver being on or off, or on a schedule. Am I missing the option to turn it off on sensors somehow, or was it removed on the eu rom? Phone is Mi Mix 3.

It was disabled on our ROMs. Many users use AOD as a night clock, to check the hour without having to touch the phone.
AOD should still turn itself off after a while if the proximity sensor is covered. Might wanna check your proximity sensor if it doesn't happen for you.

I see... ok then. I know my proximity sensor is working when it's supposed to, except on AOD apparently... Should i list it as a bug, or are there any steps i can take to troubleshoot this and find the root of the problem?

I see... ok then. I know my proximity sensor is working when it's supposed to, except on AOD apparently... Should i list it as a bug, or are there any steps i can take to troubleshoot this and find the root of the problem?
Don't know. It could be different for every device. I'm speaking from my experience with Mi 8 only - it turns off AOD after exactly 1 minute when the proximity sensor is covered.

You'll find this useful. Added for the next release.
Screenshot_2020-05-23-00-27-14-877_com.miui.aod.jpg