AOSP 4.3 Update(20130910)

I don't care about antutu... OpenGL 3.0 enabled games on our m2(s)!!! Riptide 2, asphalt 8... Really excited about this!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 4

It's not official, this is cofface rom's.

(8.18)
-No available FM radio
-No 1080P video recording
-No reboot option in shutdown menu

As opposed to the thread’s moderator, you seem to have tested this ROM and found shortcomings (no radio, filemanager,…) and apparently solution to some of them (like the reboot menu in your screenshot). Can you tell us your experience with the ROM and the suggested solutions to its shortcomings?

Thanks in advance

To the moderator of this thread:
I think you must update the threads OP according to the users experience, so that the visitors of the thread get a true picture of the ROM’s capacities / problems.
It’s good from your part to link us to an available rom, and we are grateful to you for this.
But since you decide to open a thread, I think you should update it with the necessary information in order not to cause misunderstandings, which clearly is not your initial intention.

Reactions: dextructor
Tested cofface cm10.2 build 20 august. quite a rom itself, smoother than any miui.
but i encounter few bugs and stability issues.

1. cant change status bar setting ( clock, traffic info )
2. cant change lockscreen picture ( settign says changed, but lockscreen stays stock)
3. sometime , it bootloops when restarting ( yeah i do alot of restarting while meddling with roms, and sometime had to take off battery as bootloops)

So in case anyone is interested.... i will be building my own rom from AOSP sources with appolo cmfilemanager and other changes as i am able to integrate them. It will also be rooted(well will require the zip posted here to be flashed hopefully only once...) and the first build will be up tonight. I might stop building other roms all together as well since cofface seems to have those under control(and is not sharing sources...). This rom will be more for my personal use but i will share. I will probably still build AOKP....

So in case anyone is interested.... i will be building my own rom from AOSP sources with appolo cmfilemanager and other changes as i am able to integrate them. It will also be rooted(well will require the zip posted here to be flashed hopefully only once...) and the first build will be up tonight. I might stop building other roms all together as well since cofface seems to have those under control(and is not sharing sources...). This rom will be more for my personal use but i will share. I will probably still build AOKP....

grondinm

Your AOKP is very important to this community, and the focus of AOKP it's different of CyanogenMod, so it's very important to us!

Tested cofface cm10.2 build 20 august. quite a rom itself, smoother than any miui.
but i encounter few bugs and stability issues.

1. cant change status bar setting ( clock, traffic info )
2. cant change lockscreen picture ( settign says changed, but lockscreen stays stock)
3. sometime , it bootloops when restarting ( yeah i do alot of restarting while meddling with roms, and sometime had to take off battery as bootloops)

Did u really try the rom??
1. Can change the entire status settings---settings-interface-statusbar (do whatever changes you want). I changed a lot , Hid the traffic info, changed battery to percentage, etc etc.,
2. Lockscreen Background wallpaper changed successfully.
3. It bootloops if you flash any init.d tweaks from xda (since its android 4.3) wipe cache and try to flash anything
and its better not to flash anything
Stock is really good

One small advice before posting it as a bug please check with others and do try yourself more than once

Reactions: dextructor
Did u really try the rom??
1. Can change the entire status settings---settings-interface-statusbar (do whatever changes you want). I changed a lot , Hid the traffic info, changed battery to percentage, etc etc.,
2. Lockscreen Background wallpaper changed successfully.
3. It bootloops if you flash any init.d tweaks from xda (since its android 4.3) wipe cache and try to flash anything
and its better not to flash anything
Stock is really good

One small advice before posting it as a bug please check with others and do try yourself more than once

Thank you for the advice.

Yes i have tried flashing a few times to make sure its a clean flash with good file.
Same problem still persist.

u might want to share how you change the settings (if there are difference in methods)
I havent touch the init.d yet. I have a good clean flash, its just, in 10 restarts, ill get like 2 bootloops. 2 out of 10 tries.
Other than that, the rom is really good. Im still using it, and waiting for further development of cm10.2 and aosp as im tired of miui (except for a few features and the way better battery).
Im looking forward for a new build, and hope in the future , cm10.2/aosp or maybe keylimepie soon, will be better, with better battery life. i can live with little bugs.

thx

Reactions: pillepalle12
I have flashed cofface’s “ZERO bugs” build (8.19) posted by Phani in the CM10.2 thread, post #39, and I can confirm the following:
It contains file manager, Apollo music player and a full reboot menu. It doesn’t contain fm radio but that’s ok, since everything else seems to work just fine.
It seems 100% stable, smooth and fast, good battery life and all in all trustworthy for daily use (no bootloops, fc’s or the similar).
However, it lacks several customization options like status bar transparency or clock position on the status bar etc. which I regard as of minor importance.
So, I recommend MI2 users to try this build for a safe android 4.3 experience, while waiting for an more complete AOSP build.

Reactions: phani
I have flashed cofface’s “ZERO bugs” build (8.19) posted by Phani in the CM10.2 thread, post #39, and I can confirm the following:
It contains file manager, Apollo music player and a full reboot menu. It doesn’t contain fm radio but that’s ok, since everything else seems to work just fine.

Is call working fine?can u hear earpiece sound while calling?

It seems 100% stable, smooth and fast, good battery life and all in all trustworthy for daily use (no bootloops, fc’s or the similar).
However, it lacks several customization options like status bar transparency or clock position on the status bar etc. which I regard as of minor importance.
So, I recommend MI2 users to try this build for a safe android 4.3 experience, while waiting for an more complete AOSP build.

Hi,
I'm trying this ROM right now, but I don't have a file Manager or Apollo or a Reboot menu.
Did you start from a fresh wipe? strange...

Another thing I'm seeing is the location based service (for example in Maps) is not working with wireless network. I activated it in settings but Maps is still stating that I should activate it. Wifi and GPS location works.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Philipp

Hi,
I'm trying this ROM right now, but I don't have a file Manager or Apollo or a Reboot menu.
Did you start from a fresh wipe? strange...

Another thing I'm seeing is the location based service (for example in Maps) is not working with wireless network. I activated it in settings but Maps is still stating that I should activate it. Wifi and GPS location works.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Philipp

Hi,

if we are talking about the same ROM (cofface’s cm10.2 build 08.19) then you should have file manager, apollo music and reboot option in the power menu.
I wiped data, cache and dalvic cache and flashed the ROM together with the Gapps. Google Maps located me instantly with the GPS and Wifi activated and generally, since yesterday that I flashed the ROM and installed my apps from Play Store I have almost nothing to complain for.
Perhaps you should try to flash it again, I don’t know. And: check again your build, in case we are talking about something else. I am not talking about the AOSP 4.3!

Reactions: pillepalle12
OK, thats it, I installed the AOSP version from this thread here, will try the CM10.2 Version later today.
Thanks for clarification

OK, thats it, I installed the AOSP version from this thread here, will try the CM10.2 Version later today.
Thanks for clarification

or just use my AOSP based rom...it has Filemanager and appolo will be adding reboot option after i get root integrated...

Reactions: TiKaZz