App 2 SD

Members
Jul 26, 2014
Hi ! I want to move apps from internal storage to my microSD card. How can I do that on the MiPad ? Any help appreciated !

Hi ! I want to move apps from internal storage to my microSD card. How can I do that on the MiPad ? Any help appreciated !
why didnt you get the 64gb! its there for this reason..

app2sd isnt working without root! no way possible!
unless i know that the mi3 multilangrom is based on development and has root acces build inside the rom, so if you run multilangrom for the mipad you might have the same luck..

Why would you want to move apps to SD? Even on 16GB model you have about 10GB for user data and apps.

Wait wait wait... I dont have SD on my MiPad but when I translated miui for mocha I saw Apps to SD function.
So it should be there in Settings > Memory.

Wait wait wait... I dont have SD on my MiPad but when I translated miui for mocha I saw Apps to SD function.
So it should be there in Settings > Memory.
try it out! ive only had mi3 so no sd slot there to check but it was stated in the forum that miui wouldnt support app2sd from stock roms since it needed root acces!

but translated multilang does has root build in so it might work on that rom!

Found it odd when app2sd didnt have a move to sdcard option. Few of them said the rom didnt support the external move. I have the developer and rooted.
I didnt see an option in storage or anywhere else as you pointed out just there.
Easy to say we should have waited etc or 16gbs is enough.
They gave sdcard support then decided to restrict it which is their fault not ours.
Also most of us bought the k1 device for games not ebook reading .

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Found it odd when app2sd didnt have a move to sdcard option. Few of them said the rom didnt support the external move. I have the developer and rooted.
I didnt see an option in storage or anywhere else as you pointed out just there.
Easy to say we should have waited etc or 16gbs is enough.
They gave sdcard support then decided to restrict it which is their fault not ours.
Also most of us bought the k1 device for games not ebook reading .

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

You might want to blame Google there! They dropped that app2sd support since gingerbread/ICS!
I dont want to come on to hard to you buddy, but its your task to figure out if it had that support before you buy!

I had to do the same, even before i ordered the 64gb mi3.
Storage might come in different partitions aswell, as for HTC one X, it came with 32gb but only like a good part of that was for app installs the rest was for rom updates and media files.
The mi3 64gb is partioned in one single storage folder so all is available to the user as he prefers! i believe its the same case with the mipad, but please check before you buy!

Even on almost any other android phone with a sd-slot the card storage is used for mediafiles only! so i dont get why you assumed the mipad was an exception on that?Logicly speaking why the heck would they build that 64gb model anyway then?

On the cpu your right, the k1 is perfect for games! but thats why the gamers take the bigger storage, the more average user is probably fine with the 16gb for a game or two, and the card for extra media storage like movies, books ,music, photos, etc..and clearly your the first kind of user so you really bought the wrong model!

i really hope gaining root on the mipad and running apps like app2sd etc, will soften your decision!

As i sold my mi3 and dont own any xiaomi phone with cardslot im not able to investigate for you, sorry for that!
still thinking to order a mipad myself but i dont have the money right now so still have to wait!

Friends ... enemies ... :)

Problem solved !

1) Get root
2) Get, install + launch "Folder Mount"
3) Let the app do the patch, reboot
4) Link your games / apps to microSD and be happy

Some games need 2 links and to be pinned in the pair list.
Storage view gets a bit messed up since linked apps count twice !
My internal storage total due to settings view: 7.55GB / 13.39GB.
But details added show 28GB !

will give it a go thanks

also if your going to buy a large sdcard 64/128gb invest in a quality one as the more you fill it, it will slow down or take forever for the tablet to sort it on boot.
cheap ones on ebay id avoid.

Last edited:
Friends ... enemies ... :)

Problem solved !

1) Get root
2) Get, install + launch "Folder Mount"
3) Let the app do the patch, reboot
4) Link your games / apps to microSD and be happy

Some games need 2 links and to be pinned in the pair list.
Storage view gets a bit messed up since linked apps count twice !
My internal storage total due to settings view: 7.55GB / 13.39GB.
But details added show 28GB !
no enemy bro! just saying dont blaim Xiaomi when asumed a product would work diferently then expected!

but its cool to know there is a fix fro those with the 16gb! still for the difference to me the 64gb still looks the better pick. but hey who am i!?

by the way, good job for figuring the fix! well done...:D:D:D:D