App detects Xiaomi.eu weekly as rooted

LieDanG

Members
Jul 12, 2014
Hi, I've been using Xiaomi.eu stable on my Mi 9 for a few months, but since Xiaomi doesn't upgrade it to be compatible with current Xiaomi.eu patches I've been thinking to change to the weekly roms but I've been facing a strange issue

In the stable rom I can root with Magisk and hide root from a bank app and it works just fine, but in the weekly roms even with a clean flash (no magisk) it detects the rom as rooted, obviously the weekly rom has differences from stable but I can't figure out why it detects root since I read a post from a developer that Xiaomi.eu doesn't pre-root the rom and on permissions section there's also no option to root

Any idea what's going on?

Im on the 9.6.27 weekly rom and i got no problem with the Banking app (in UK )
I have magisk btw and the root its hidden from the banking app

Im on the 9.6.27 weekly rom and i got no problem with the Banking app (in UK )
I have magisk btw and the root its hidden from the banking app

Yes I can do the same but only on the stable rom, there's something added in weekly roms that this app detect as root even without installing magisk, but I can't identify what it is

Yes I can do the same but only on the stable rom, there's something added in weekly roms that this app detect as root even without installing magisk, but I can't identify what it is
Which stable was ok for you?

@ingbrzy Any idea what could be?
You have to hide magisk for your banking apps in magisk manager, rename magisk manager in settings so that it is only named "Manager" and if you have enabled it disable developer options. After a restart it should work. If still not, install the latest canary build of magisk (google it) and repeat the procedure. Then try your app. If it works you can reenable developer options after it.

You have to hide magisk for your banking apps in magisk manager, rename magisk manager in settings so that it is only named "Manager" and if you have enabled it disable developer options. After a restart it should work. If still not, install the latest canary build of magisk (google it) and repeat the procedure. Then try your app. If it works you can reenable developer options after it.

As stated it worked fine on stable rom without doing anything special with magisk but not on the weekly roms, no idea why, doesn't seems to be a magisk but a rom issue

Finally Xiaomi updated the stable rom so I'm going to stay there for a while, I'm on MIUI 11 with magisk and it hides root perfectly for this app