App uninstalling itself!

oldmanhouse

Members
Sep 3, 2012
I'm running 3.9.27 on my Mi-One and the SwiftKey app (third party replacement keyboard) keeps uninstalling itself! It only seems to be this one app, so it might be an issue with SwiftKey itself, but just putting this post out there to see if anyone else has had the same issue and how I might troubleshoot it?

don't know why but......try to move app to /system/app & give it permissions (rw-r--r--), maybe it will help you...

don't know why but......try to move app to /system/app & give it permissions (rw-r--r--), maybe it will help you...

Thanks, will give it a go. I wonder if one of the MIUI 'permission control' apps is coming along and killing it... hopefully this will keep it safe!

I have exactly the same issue.

Also happens with 3.10.11

Is it SwiftKey that you're getting uninstalled? Might file a bug with them, as I'm not sure if it's their issue or one with MIUI. Only seems to be SK that gets killed for me.

I have the same problem, but it's not only with SwiftKey. It happens with a lot of apps purchased in PlayStore, such swype-dragon, gnews, weather pro and agenda widget plus.
Two curious things. In v 09/20 it doesn't happens.
I installed last version of MIUI. Apps diappeared. I re-installed v 09/20 and... surprisinly! apps appeared again.
Any int?
Thanks.

Finally, I've managed to bypass this problem.
The apps, which are uninstalled are encrypted ones, normally stored at /data/apps-asec an then mounted to /mnt/asec on each boot. If your phone is rooted (this is the case of dev xiaomi ROMs, it is always rooted) you can just go to /mnt/asec/[$your_app_name], copy pkg.apk from there and install as normal. I'm not sure that automatic update will work. This way also allows of backing up and restoring the app with xiaomi backup.

Yay, finally I can type with ease again. Thank you.

I'd say it's not a permanent solution, and I hope it would be added as a fix in the future :)

Anyway, thanks for posting.

I used a similar fixed that I saw on the Android's official Google Code bugtracker (it's a known bug in Android, not MIUI): I used RootExplorer to move the SwiftKey apk file from /mnt/asec to /system/app.

You can just use RootExplorer or achieve the same thing by doing this:
- make a backup of the app (with Titanium, MIUI Backup might work too)
- uninstall the app
- restore the app

Although the apk backed up is from /mnt/asec, it gets restored to /system/app

The Android bug only relates to apps which you buy from Google Play, which get installed to /mnt/asec for what I presume is DRM purposes, but free apps or pirated versions of paid apps get installed to /system/app and are unaffected

Having the exact same issue!

Still any solution?

I'm doing the titanium backup workaround, but it's quite annoying!