Apps Cannot Be Installed On Redmi 3

Cecile54

Members
Jul 11, 2016
Hello everybody,

I have a new Redmi 3 from China (MIUI version 7.3). I could start it in englisch without any problem. I activated the "unkown sources" option in the settings. Installing from mi-app-store goes well but many usefull apps are not in the store (for example Messenger or Whatsapp) and I can not install them. I also tried to install the google play store from the official web site but it didn't work. I could'n install play store on the phone. Neither other Apps.

Has enyone an idea? I would be very thankful for any help!

OK. Try this.

Uninstall whatever Google stuff you have. Then install the Google installer from the mi app store (baidu results, the blue paw icon). Do not use before restart. Login after restart, and try to download something. You may fail. Logout from Google under phone>settings>accounts, then login again. Now try to download something. Hopefully it works this time.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I coulnd't find google installer in the mi app store...

If you have TWRP you should install Google framework from installable ZIP.

The best way is to replace the crappy MIUI version you have by latest stable Xiaomi.eu build.It has GApps already preinstalled and has no limitations for managing your apps.

Sent from my phone by Tapatalk

I would really like to get rid of the MIUI version. But it is so complicated I don't understand much of this stuff... I am afraid I will do something wrong. Maybe you know a good tutorial which is easy to understand?

OK. Try this.

Uninstall whatever Google stuff you have. Then install the Google installer from the mi app store (baidu results, the blue paw icon). Do not use before restart. Login after restart, and try to download something. You may fail. Logout from Google under phone>settings>accounts, then login again. Now try to download something. Hopefully it works this time.

Great! it worked! At the first try I couldn't find google installer because it was in chineese in the mi app store. I was exactly as you said and I could download the app after login twice. Thank you very much!

Reactions: thaimax
Goo
Great! it worked! At the first try I couldn't find google installer because it was in chineese in the mi app store. I was exactly as you said and I could download the app after login twice. Thank you very much!
Good to hear. :)