Apps In Chinese

FelipePia

Members
Dec 12, 2015
Guys, I've got a "problem" recently on my Mi4C: I, inadvertently, downloaded and installed the Chinese ROM; then, when I noticed what happened, I replaced it with the multilanguage ROM of the forum (wipe and dalvik cache included), but two apps didn't change back to English, they stayed in Chinese (one I know is the radio, the other one I don't even can recognize anymore). How can I solve it? If I just delete the two apps, when I install a new version (for instance, the actual one, MIUI 5.12.10), will be both apps reinstalled automatically? If not, what should I do? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Did you clean flash the multi language Rom? And they'll re install if you reflash the Rom.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Did you clean flash the multi language Rom? And they'll re install if you reflash the Rom.

If I understood correctly your question (sorry, I'm really newbie on Android things), I'd answer: no, I haven't flashed it (in fact, I don't even know how to do it), just installed the Chinese ROM over my previous multilanguage ROM and, after, installed the same version of that ROM, but the multilanguage one. Then, I did the wipe and dalvik cache, as I usually do, in every update, cause I've learnt I should always do it (am I right?).

If I understood correctly your question (sorry, I'm really newbie on Android things), I'd answer: no, I haven't flashed it (in fact, I don't even know how to do it), just installed the Chinese ROM over my previous multilanguage ROM and, after, installed the same version of that ROM, but the multilanguage one. Then, I did the wipe and dalvik cache, as I usually do, in every update, cause I've learnt I should always do it (am I right?).
Firstly "flashing" and "installing"means the same thing, though "flashing" is a more appropriate term. :D
Secondly clean flash means to install a Rom after wiping system, data and cache. While dirty flash means to flash a Rom without wiping anything(You could wipe cache if you want). Dirty flash is recommended when you are updating to a newer version of the same Rom like if you are updating from 5.12.3 multi Rom to 5.12.10 you can update without wiping anything. Clean flash is recommended when you're going to use a different Rom like the Chinese Rom.
Thirdly wiping dalvik cache and cache is always recommended. Because even if you wipe cache it won't break anything.

Firstly "flashing" and "installing"means the same thing, though "flashing" is a more appropriate term. :D
Secondly clean flash means to install a Rom after wiping system, data and cache. While dirty flash means to flash a Rom without wiping anything(You could wipe cache if you want). Dirty flash is recommended when you are updating to a newer version of the same Rom like if you are updating from 5.12.3 multi Rom to 5.12.10 you can update without wiping anything. Clean flash is recommended when you're going to use a different Rom like the Chinese Rom.
Thirdly wiping dalvik cache and cache is always recommended. Because even if you wipe cache it won't break anything.

Now I got it!
So, I did the dirty flash, cause I didn't wipe the system before flashing the ROM, I just did the wipe & dalvik cache after flashing.
Then, what exactly should I do? Before I flash the next ROM, in spite of being the next ROM the multilanguage, not the Chinese one, I should do a clean flash, then flash the ROM, wipe & dalvik cache again and that's it (it will be solved)?

Now I got it!
So, I did the dirty flash, cause I didn't wipe the system before flashing the ROM, I just did the wipe & dalvik cache after flashing.
Then, what exactly should I do? Before I flash the next ROM, in spite of being the next ROM the multilanguage, not the Chinese one, I should do a clean flash, then flash the ROM, wipe & dalvik cache again and that's it (it will be solved)?

Never wipe system... You did a dirty flash becayse you didn't wipe data before flash

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

Now I got it!
First backup all your data. For apps you can use the local backup option of miui. Also backup all the data in your internal sd card.
Then boot into recovery and select "wipe all data".
And then install the multi rom.

Got it! But, just to know: if I delete the two apps that are in Chinese (radio and another one that I can't even reckon), install the new (actual) multilanguage ROM and, then, wipe & dalvik cache, would this procedure work? I mean, would those two apps be reinstalled in multilanguage (not in Chinese, obviously)?

Last edited:
Got it! But, just to know: if I delete the two apps that are in Chinese (radio and another one that I can't even reckon), install the new (actual) multilanguage ROM and, then, wipe & dalvik cache, would this procedure work? I mean, would those two apps be reinstalled in multilanguage (not in Chinese, obviously)?
If these apps are part of the multi rom then yes, they'll be reinstalled. Radio should be part of the multi rom. But I am not sure about the other one. ^^