Aqara geofencing

Driesdk

Members
Mar 27, 2018
Hi,

Has anyone successfully used geofencing with the Aqara hub and the iPhone app?
It used to work perfectly 4 months back. And then all the sudden the map to set the geofencing coordinates stayed empty.
I can still enable it (with an empty map) and it works from time to time. I'd say 50% of the time it works. It's pretty frustrating. For example I leave home and my alarm activates. But only sometimes it deactivates when I come back home causing myself triggering the alarm. (since it's still not possible to have a delay before the alarm goes, giving me the time to deactivate it when I enter the house)
In other occasions the alarm never activates when I leave home. It's just guesswork if it works or not. There is no constant in it.

I suppose it has something to do with me using the china mainland server when living in Europe.
I'd be happy to change it to the european server, but this would mean none of my devices will work, because all my sensors only work on the china server. There is only a handfull devices you can use on the other servers and mine are not one of those.

This all used to be very easy and for some reason Xiaomi is making it harder and harder to do something useful for the western world using Aqara.
I mean, if it wasn't meant for us to use, please don't sell it outside China pretending to support the rest of the world by having English, Italian, french,... apps. It looks like I had a lot of functionality when I bought it and they decided later to roll back a lot of functions for anyone not living in China.

Hi,

Has anyone successfully used geofencing with the Aqara hub and the iPhone app?
It used to work perfectly 4 months back. And then all the sudden the map to set the geofencing coordinates stayed empty.
I can still enable it (with an empty map) and it works from time to time. I'd say 50% of the time it works. It's pretty frustrating. For example I leave home and my alarm activates. But only sometimes it deactivates when I come back home causing myself triggering the alarm. (since it's still not possible to have a delay before the alarm goes, giving me the time to deactivate it when I enter the house)
In other occasions the alarm never activates when I leave home. It's just guesswork if it works or not. There is no constant in it.

I suppose it has something to do with me using the china mainland server when living in Europe.
I'd be happy to change it to the european server, but this would mean none of my devices will work, because all my sensors only work on the china server. There is only a handfull devices you can use on the other servers and mine are not one of those.

This all used to be very easy and for some reason Xiaomi is making it harder and harder to do something useful for the western world using Aqara.
I mean, if it wasn't meant for us to use, please don't sell it outside China pretending to support the rest of the world by having English, Italian, french,... apps. It looks like I had a lot of functionality when I bought it and they decided later to roll back a lot of functions for anyone not living in China.
In 2019 and the issue remains...