Asking Your Opinion About Chinese Smartphones

Dreyfuss

Members
Oct 10, 2016
Hi; I live in EU and I'm very curious to get and use a chinese smartphone; I'm looking for a powerful and elegant device, with a very good camera quality and a powerful battery; these are the devices I was interested in: mi5, mi5s, z7 axon, nubia z11...but the choice is very difficult...please give me some suggestions about; opinions, etc.

I own mi5 pro. Very fast device with good camera. Now a bargain as mi5S is rising but mi5 finish is awesome with ceramic body, it is the only phone like this since oneplus x.
It has multi language official rom, very good processor, ram, efs 2.0....

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Mi5 (gemini) will have best custom rom support because big user base, unlockable bootloader and kernel sources available. MIUI will be probably fine, but might want to test other options some day.

Reactions: Dreyfuss
I own mi5 pro. Very fast device with good camera. Now a bargain as mi5S is rising but mi5 finish is awesome with ceramic body, it is the only phone like this since oneplus x.
It has multi language official rom, very good processor, ram, efs 2.0....

could you post some photos taken with the mi5? Lower light, night, sunlight? Many thanks

Reactions: Taylor419
will do before next sunday.
Please do, the internet is full of comments that are all over the place. Some say the camera is awesome, some say it sucks, some say it's okay ... I guess it's just a great camera for the price and will compete with flagship cameras but lacks software optimization?

I own a MI5 Pro (4GB RAM/128GB ROM). I also live in EU.
The phone is awesome and the community here is also very good and a great addition to the ecosystem.
The camera is nice, but it is not the best there is. It has the tendency of underexposing by say 1/2 EV minimum.
All in all, I think this phone is now the best value for money. Specially if you buy the 3GB/32GB ROM (around 243 euros on geekbuying.com).
Please be aware of one thing. Since XIAOMI introduced international ROM versions, it looks like they will not allow bootloader unlocking anymore. They did allow it in the past because pople asked for it in order to install Google Services (Play Store and so) and they didn't have international ROMS back than (say 6 months ago). International ROM will allow you to install Google Services.
So, if you purchase it from CHINA, you will jot be able to unlock it and flash the ROMs from here. I have 2 colleagues with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Redmi 3 on my job and they were unable to unlock their devices because they bought their phones after I did and an international version for their phones was already available.
I hope I am not completely wrong, but be aware. It is cheaper to buy from China, but...you know.

I own a MI5 Pro (4GB RAM/128GB ROM). I also live in EU.
The phone is awesome and the community here is also very good and a great addition to the ecosystem.
The camera is nice, but it is not the best there is. It has the tendency of underexposing by say 1/2 EV minimum.
All in all, I think this phone is now the best value for money. Specially if you buy the 3GB/32GB ROM (around 243 euros on geekbuying.com).
Please be aware of one thing. Since XIAOMI introduced international ROM versions, it looks like they will not allow bootloader unlocking anymore. They did allow it in the past because pople asked for it in order to install Google Services (Play Store and so) and they didn't have international ROMS back than (say 6 months ago). International ROM will allow you to install Google Services.
So, if you purchase it from CHINA, you will jot be able to unlock it and flash the ROMs from here. I have 2 colleagues with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Redmi 3 on my job and they were unable to unlock their devices because they bought their phones after I did and an international version for their phones was already available.
I hope I am not completely wrong, but be aware. It is cheaper to buy from China, but...you know.
Unlock must be done on dev roms.

Soory, I was misunderstood. My bad.
I am not taking about unlocking process itself, but about the request for unlocking that is sent from a web browser from your own MI account. Since the request can't be send anymore, well, the whole unlock process is stuck...

excuse me but I can't find the photos...
finally uploaded the pic. check this one .
20160827170222400.jpg