Auto Update Weekly

Yik Surn

Members
Jun 1, 2016
Hi,

I have stopped receiving updates weekly since the beginning of the year even though I have been using the developer ROM. Could someone explain why this is happening? My model number is MI 4LTE which I assume is the same as Xiaomi 4 WCDMA so I've been downloading the ROMs under the board name cancro.

Would appreciate help a lot because I have had to update manually for several times even though I'm using the developer ROM.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have stopped receiving updates weekly since the beginning of the year even though I have been using the developer ROM. Could someone explain why this is happening? My model number is MI 4LTE which I assume is the same as Xiaomi 4 WCDMA so I've been downloading the ROMs under the board name cancro.

Would appreciate help a lot because I have had to update manually for several times even though I'm using the developer ROM.

Thanks!
If you use xiaomi.eu rom you loose ota updates. Have to do it manually.

if you go to the forum page of the weekly ROM, it says right in the OP why you don't get OTA anymore:

Some facts about OTA delay:
  • OTA packages are always same as posted here, so FULL ROM (400-1000MB)
  • Installation via OTA is same as you do, so Updater - Menu - Select installation zip
  • OTA is uploading into Xiaomi china servers which are very slow for download and upload (usually 30-40kb/s for uploading over 10GB) so I have to upload them always at night one by one and I dont have time for doing that every week for 30 devices... Unfortunately OTA account is binded to my Xiaomi account so nobody else can do that instead of me...
  • So we decided to STOP OTA support at all.. you have to download ROM manually and install via Updater - menu (...) - Select installation package - reboot (You will not loose your data)

I see, then why do they still separate between "DOWNLOAD WEEKLY" and "DOWNLOAD STABLE (NO WEEKLY UPDATES)" ROMs then if both we would have to update manually?

Because if you want you can download a new version weekly :) Though I agree that by making the process harder, less people will be on the newest version. But who knows, they might figure out a way later to enable OTA again.

Reactions: sas_sas