Back to stock with bootloader re-lock

davidep85

Members
May 6, 2011
Hi guys,

I unlocked my bootloader and flashed latest Xiaomi.eu 21.3.31on my Mi11.

I have to send pack the phone and want to flash stock rom and re-lock bootloader.

Can you explain me how can I do this? What about anti-version check?

I download latest venus_eea_global_images.

Thanks,

Davide

Hi guys,

I unlocked my bootloader and flashed latest Xiaomi.eu 21.3.31on my Mi11.

I have to send pack the phone and want to flash stock rom and re-lock bootloader.

Can you explain me how can I do this? What about anti-version check?

I download latest venus_eea_global_images.

Thanks,

Davide

After you have flashed to original stock rom, you will have to re-lock your bootloader in fastboot mode.
In windows via commandline type:

"fastboot oem lock"

The smartphone will then reset to factory settings and your bootloader is locked again.
I've done that yesterday with my Redmi Note 10 Pro.

After you have flashed to original stock rom, you will have to re-lock your bootloader in fastboot mode.
In windows via commandline type:

"fastboot oem lock"

The smartphone will then reset to factory settings and your bootloader is locked again.
I've done that yesterday with my Redmi Note 10 Pro.
If I use xiaomi flash tool I can flash and lock together.

which tool/rom you used? no issue with anti rollback protection?

If I use xiaomi flash tool I can flash and lock together.

which tool/rom you used? no issue with anti rollback protection?

I flashed original EU rom from Mi download website for RN10P with TWRP (unofficial for sweet) installation via TF Card. Then tiped the Fastboot command in cmd, rebooted to Fastboot and it worked for me. Sorry I dont know how to flash with xiaomi flash tool. :( No issues with anti rollback protection during lock nor after.

I flashed original EU rom from Mi download website for RN10P with TWRP (unofficial for sweet) installation via TF Card. Then tiped the Fastboot command in cmd, rebooted to Fastboot and it worked for me. Sorry I dont know how to flash with xiaomi flash tool. :( No issues with anti rollback protection during lock nor after.
Mi 11 does not have TWRP :-(

So, we have a common understanding we can transform a C device into a G one by flashing global Rom and re-lock the Bootloader?

Im going to try that in 2 weeks, edl rescue remains an option if i fail, right?

Regards

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

So, we have a common understanding we can transform a C device into a G one by flashing global Rom and re-lock the Bootloader?

Regards

Dont know if this will work. My device is EU, I flashed Xiaomi.eu and tried official Global, too and then back to EU where I locked the bootloader again. Dont know if it is possible to lock the BL in another Rom.

Regards

Usually in typical fashion you can still unlock your device if you're flashing stock rom and lock your bootloader in GLOBAL ROM on CHINA SET device using Mi Unlock Tools. It still remember that the devices is bound to your Mi Account that you're registered in the developer option and theoretically you can unlock the device's bootloader back.

Last edited:
I'm also looking to go back to Stock CN Rom for my Model (EU no longer connects to 5g) whats the easiest way to fastboot flash back?

I'm also looking to go back to Stock CN Rom for my Model (EU no longer connects to 5g) whats the easiest way to fastboot flash back?
Why does it not connect to 5g? Is this something common? What model are you using?

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

Why does it not connect to 5g? Is this something common? What model are you using?

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

Ive seen numerous people post about Mi 11 CN model on Xiaomi EU not having 5g after flashing, i have the 12gb/256gb China Model. On 12.0.22 China Stable i had 5g, i flashed 21.3.24 Beta and now with the same apn info i only connect to LTE

Ive seen numerous people post about Mi 11 CN model on Xiaomi EU not having 5g after flashing, i have the 12gb/256gb China Model. On 12.0.22 China Stable i had 5g, i flashed 21.3.24 Beta and now with the same apn info i only connect to LTE
You dirty flashed or format data?

I have the same issue with the eu rom and the Mi 10 ultra. I'll hold off when my Mi 11 Ultra arrives!

Have you tried the official Global and EEA roms to see if 5G works?

So, I'm still puzzled whether I brick my M2011K2C after flashing global Rom if I re-lock the Bootloader...

Does someone know for sure it's working?

Eu stable would be another option but I don't feel good passing it on with custom FW..

Internet says don't relock Chinese device if using global.. Damned, please assist..

Regards.

So, I'm still puzzled whether I brick my M2011K2C after flashing global Rom if I re-lock the Bootloader...

Eu stable would be another option but I don't feel good passing it on with custom FW..

Internet says don't relock Chinese device if using global.. Damned, please assist..

Regards.

I don't think you can lock the bootloader with anything other than the stock firmware it came with.

Regards.

Download the stock rom of your phone (e.g. China or EU or etc..) and everything will be ok.

I bought a Mi 11 Pro from DHgate, it came with MIUI 12.5 21.6.21 nightly. I think thats a bit strange. I thought it would come with a stable lower version China ROM. i.e 12.5.10 or lower.
The bootloader is locked.
My Question is...after unlocking the bootloader, if change my mind and want to lock the bootloader again, must it be on 12.5 21.6.21 or can i relock on any version, as they are all original roms, or only what it came with?
thanks

I bought a Mi 11 Pro from DHgate, it came with MIUI 12.5 21.6.21 nightly. I think thats a bit strange. I thought it would come with a stable lower version China ROM. i.e 12.5.10 or lower.
The bootloader is locked.
My Question is...after unlocking the bootloader, if change my mind and want to lock the bootloader again, must it be on 12.5 21.6.21 or can i relock on any version, as they are all original roms, or only what it came with?
thanks
You can relock the bootloader of your device if you installed an Official "China" ROM (any versions). ;)

Reactions: geoorg and Profixit
You can relock the bootloader of your device if you installed an Official "China" ROM (any versions). ;)

Thanks Poney70. So if and when I lock the BL as long as it's Official Original China ROM nightly or stable it should lock.

One other question is...how did the seller install this nightly build? Using "Mi Flash Tool"?
Does the BL need to be unlock to flash Official China ROM's

Thanks Poney70. So if and when I lock the BL as long as it's Official Original China ROM nightly or stable it should lock.
You can always lock the bootloader but you can't boot your device if your phone doesn't have an Official Original China ROM (like you said ^^). ;)

Reactions: Profixit
Someone wants trouble.
Don't even think about trying it.
Except you want to spend on EDL flashing because you'll brick your device

You can always lock the bootloader but you can't boot your device if your phone doesn't have an Official Original China ROM (like you said ^^). ;)

Thanks, in part that would explain how the seller was able to flash a legit nighty over the factory rom.
However I'm not sure how this relates to Mi Accounts. Wouldn't the account already be in use if the seller used Mi Flash Tool.

Thanks again, it's starting to become more and more clear.

Thanks, in part that would explain how the seller was able to flash a legit nighty over the factory rom.
However I'm not sure how this relates to Mi Accounts. Wouldn't the account already be in use if the seller used Mi Flash Tool.

Thanks again, it's starting to become more and more clear.

every user can have one or more mi accounts and you can flash your phone by signing with this account. you can sign and unessign your phone with an account. the flashed rom will stay on the phone

Reactions: Profixit